Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
romineml
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by romineml »

Thank you so much for this review. Very thorough in a basic outline without giving away the story. I have never been one for audiobooks but after reading this review I believe I might try this one out! I like that the voices differ between characters as that is one of my many qualms about audiobooks. I am not looking forward to the confusion of Sarah's separate journey but now that I at least have a heads up to the confusion hopefully I can navigate the chapter. Thank you!
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting adventure story following three friends who are about to go on a hiking trip when one of the friends has an unexpected visitor who turns out to be his unknown granddaughter. They decide to take the granddaughter with them on their trip, but soon she disappears and they are frantic to find her. When she resurfaces days later unharmed, she tells the friends about her time. While trying to get home, the friends encounter even more challenges. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1922
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon, the details given about the book are complete and convincing! The reviewer well explores the issues of science, legend and archaeology, the book raises! The fact that the book earns a full rating, draws the attention of readers!
ShiRah185
Currently Reading: Knowing He's There
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirah185.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio by Belle Ami

Post by ShiRah185 »

Re: Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
by: ShiRah185

If the ending was not satisfactory why should I read it and why was it given 4 out of 4? I think I'll pass.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

As a native American legend and archaeology lover, I highly believe that this book will appeal to me. Now more than ever I want to find out what happened to Sarah when she disappeared. And I can't begin to imagine how devasted Tom must have been, I mean they just found each other.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
THarveyReadALot
Currently Reading: Special Deliveries
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharveyreadalot.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda
Reading Device: B07G92J7J3

Post by THarveyReadALot »

Good Review, ZenaLei7! Your review made me more curious about the Native American part of it. I didn't realize that Wiliam and Myra were American Indians, maybe because I got focused on Tom and his granddaughter Sara who showed up all of a sudden. I also got curious about Sarah's disappearance, and what challenges faced Tom, William, Myra, and Sarah after they got back home. As someone wanting to be proofreader, I did catch a mistake in this sentence: 'It was until later on in the book that I realized the meaning behind her story.' It should have said, 'it wasn't until later on in the book...', or 'It was later on in the book...'.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I read this book already, I am amazed with Sarah's dream. Everytime I came across with this book, I always remember the journey of Sarah, especially the hiking trip.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Tam_R0se
Favorite Book: Dying to Stay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tam-r0se.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Tam_R0se »

This sounds like a fun read. Native American mythology and history are one of my many interests. The addition of adventure and mystery makes it a good fit for my reading shelf. I'm skipping the audio version. I'm afraid I'll become involved in something else and tune the book out. Thanks for an engaging review.
tawcarlisle
Currently Reading: Reach for Me
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tawcarlisle.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by tawcarlisle »

I enjoy listening to audiobooks so that is definitely a plus. The author's ability to express in detail certain pictures made by nature is valuable. Your recount of Sarah's experiences was intriguing.
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Paige Alvarado »

While I admit this does sound interesting, I think I would have to pass based on the legend and archaeology aspects.
altanner1991
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by altanner1991 »

This sounds like a very nice book: the Native American folklore in a mysterious backdrop combined with some science make for a very appealing theme. And I appreciate the review's telling of Sarah's journey, that can help support through confusions! Thank you for the review!
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon sounds adventurous. I wonder what happened to Sarah when she had disappeared. Thanks for the free copy.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

Apart from the novel been a fascinating one filled with adventure, mysteries, and drama, the characters are well portrayed. Great review
Washboard
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-washboard.html
Latest Review: The Sunken Forest by R. Barber Anderson

Post by Washboard »

I wonder if the author has any ties to any Native American communities. I enjoy reading books with authentic sources for the lore they refer to. I am excited to check it out! Great review!
“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.” ― George Orwell, 1984.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for the honest review. I have read and reviewed this book as well. It was an adventurous tale that offers us a glimpse into Native American societies and culture. But I do agree with your comments regarding the ending.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”