Review of Intersections

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Review of Intersections

Post by Seetha E »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Intersections" by Andrew Spink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Numerous individuals have utilized rideshare services and hold varying perspectives regarding their brief interactions with drivers and fellow passengers. Andrew Spink recounts his experiences engaging with passengers during his tenure of over three years as a rideshare driver. He has encountered individuals from diverse nations, speaking various languages, with a wide array of life experiences. These encounters have prompted him to explore the profound depths of human emotional capacity.

The book has three distinct sections: Water, Earth, and Fire, each containing three poignant and introspective narratives derived from genuine encounters with rideshare passengers. While the foundational elements of these narratives are rooted in reality, the author embellishes them with contextual depth, drawing from personal perspective and imagination. The author aptly describes these stories as true fiction. These narratives elicit profound emotions of astonishment, sorrow, and pure joy.

One story tells of Ami, who felt a connection and helped a suicidal Jian on the other side of the planet. Another story depicts Aimee and Clint, deeply in love, navigating life's challenges together. There's also a touching tale of forgiveness and reconnection with family. There is another narrative about a young person navigating their sexuality and seeking inner peace. The last story shares the poignant decision of a couple to celebrate life despite facing its fragility. Each story is compelling, making it impossible to pick a favorite from the nine heartfelt narratives. 

I can sense the deep impact of these unique experiences on our lives. Every day, we come across numerous interactions that have the power to teach us, inspire us, and offer us new perspectives. Andrew Spink's genuine curiosity, willingness to listen, and openness to learning or unlearning have allowed him to absorb the wisdom from these shared experiences, which he beautifully shares in his book, Intersections: Short Stories from Rideshare Passengers. His words have inspired me to cherish and savor every interaction in life. Pick a copy to experience the magic!

The writing is undeniably amazing, skillfully weaving magic with words and the sequence of events in each story. The stories are brimming with intense emotional moments and just the right amount of humor and suspense. As a reader, I was fervently rooting for the characters and yearning for a specific outcome, only to be blindsided by a twist, as exemplified in "Secrets" and "The Skeptic." I assume the author has mastered this expertise of connecting with his audiences through his experiences as a solo show performer and public speaker and has applied the same to his books.

I have absolutely no negative remarks about any aspect of this book. I particularly adored the short-story format and the captivating, warm writing style. The cover and the title are perfect as well. The editors have done an exemplary job, as I found only a couple of minor errors. Therefore, I rate this book a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars. I also see the potential for web series based on these stories and more.

This book is a must-read for lovers of short stories and anyone who enjoys delving into human connections and emotions. The thought-provoking nature of the stories will undoubtedly leave a lasting impact, encouraging you to reflect on life and recognize the overlooked but valuable moments that bring magic to our existence. However, due to the presence of profanity, this book is best suited for mature readers.

Intersections
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bernard Ndubuisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Bernard Ndubuisi »

I like books with suspense, emotional and same time educative. I applaud the author wide experience in capturing audience mind and committing them to CTA is so intriguing to me. The reviewer's inability to find any dislike in the book speaks well of the editor and author's work kudos.
Byron Dsouza
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Alpha Buddies Land
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-byrondsouza.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Byron Dsouza »

Sharing a ride can lead to so many possibilities. The more people you meet the more stories you hear and connect with so many people's lives. Sounds like an interesting read.
Seetha E
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

byrondsouza wrote: 14 Jun 2024, 06:53 Sharing a ride can lead to so many possibilities. The more people you meet the more stories you hear and connect with so many people's lives. Sounds like an interesting read.
Absolutely!
This was an easy read. Each one had an amazing connection.
Applaud the author's communication skills; hooked till the last page.
Thanks for sharing your comments.
Seetha E

Post by Seetha E »

Bernard Ndubuisi wrote: 29 May 2024, 07:02 I like books with suspense, emotional and same time educative. I applaud the author wide experience in capturing audience mind and committing them to CTA is so intriguing to me. The reviewer's inability to find any dislike in the book speaks well of the editor and author's work kudos.
This was an easy read. Every story was unique and intriguing.
Thanks for taking the time to share feedback.
Happy reading!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”