Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: “TREMAINE” by James Harold Kelly
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Re: Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Kigen Valarie »

This looks like an interesting novel. I wonder what happened between Rosemary Natalie and Bruce. I'm curious how Natalie and Rosemary's relationship will be affected. Many will love reading about this love triangle and Natalie's life. Congratulations to BOTD.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Neha Panikar »

Thanks for the wonderful review. Natalie and other characters being intricately defined and written into a carefully woven plot, I would like to see how this one ends and forms part of the series.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This book seems to have a good storyline and main character. I am interested in the book, but some themes leave me skeptical and may put me off. Thank you for the review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I just added this book to my TBR because I read the sample and loved it. Thanks for your great review and recommendation!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thanks for the great review. The review has captured elements of writing that appeal to my reading. I'm captivated by the character development, especially that of Natalie, and with the author's balanced portrayal of each character in this story. I definitely want to know what happened to her and her family.
Muhammad Aamir akram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aamirakram.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Muhammad Aamir akram »

The review of "Ironbark Hill" highlights the novel's skillfully written story, finely developed characters, and deft handling of a variety of topics. The reader was engrossed in the plot by the novel's fluid storytelling and emotional connection to the heroine, Natalie, which is why it received a flawless 4-star rating. The critic stresses its maturity and faultless execution while giving it a hearty recommendation to readers of all ages. This kind of descriptive review helps new readers to be attracted to this kind of attractive story.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The emotional connection the reviewer felt with the story is palpable. Feeling pity, anger, happiness, and mixed emotions along with the characters indicates a powerful narrative. I appreciate how the book seems to elicit a range of emotions, making the reading experience immersive and compelling.
Jnapika D
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnapika-d.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Jnapika D »

This story seems pretty interesting, and I loved Natalie's character, but I don't know how I feel about Bruce and Natalie's relationship. I will have to read the book to figure out what happens between them. I hope Alex does turn his life around. The review is quite engaging without being quite descriptive; it's getting me intrigued to read this book.
Congratulations on BOTD!! 
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems like an interesting novel. It sounds like the author has done an excellent job developing the characters, including Natalie who seems like a strong and complex character. It's great that the book keeps readers turning the pages to find out more. Thanks for a great review, and congrats to the author on BOTD 🙂
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The characterization seems exceptional. The complexity of Natalie's character, with both strengths and flaws, adds depth. The fact that even loathsome actions become justifiable shows a nuanced understanding of human nature. This dynamic portrayal of characters makes me eager to delve into their lives.
Jacinta Mutuku 1
Currently Reading: Artwords
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jacinta Mutuku 1 »

Thank for the wonderful review, it gave more detailed insights about the book which sounds very interesting to read. I just finished reading the sample and am love read the whole book.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Ironbark Hill" is a mesmerizing novel that effortlessly draws you into Natalie's tumultuous world. The author's meticulous attention to detail in descriptions creates vivid imagery, making the story come alive. The engaging narrative had me so captivated that I lost track of time while reading.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The vivid descriptions in the review truly brought the book to life for me. The attention to detail and the balance between being engaging and not overly intricate make it clear that the author's writing style is something I'd enjoy.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

"Ironbark Hill" skillfully portrays the complexities of Natalie's character, presenting her as a strong yet flawed individual. The author's careful exploration of contradictions adds a layer of authenticity to the story. The characters, including Natalie, feel so real that their actions, even when loathsome, become justifiable, contributing to a nuanced and compelling narrative.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Michael Gambo »

Natalie's journey, woven into the fabric of rural Australia, resonated with me on a profound level. The author's skillful storytelling not only immersed me in the vivid tapestry of the characters' lives but also made me introspect on the complexities of human nature. Kudos to the author for crafting a narrative that not only entertains but leaves a lasting impression.
I believe in something greater than myself.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”