Official Review: Greyhound Therapy by JR Conway

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Official Review: Greyhound Therapy by JR Conway

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Greyhound Therapy" by JR Conway.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Greyhound Therapy, by JR Conway, is a short read that is both thrilling and touching. A mixture of crime and mystery as well as a few heartfelt scenes, this book has an interesting mix of genres.

Craig Spence is the sheriff of a small town called Sweetwater County where there has been a growing problem of the increase of criminals and mentally ill people flowing into the county through buses. These miscreants are just one of the problems in the Sheriff’s mind as he also has his wife’s recent cancer diagnosis to deal with. When a murder happens in one of the jail’s holding cell and the murderer, Albert Brown, escapes, Craig is on the case as he teams up with law enforcement from other counties. As the hunt for the murderer continues, Craig has to juggle his duties as a sheriff as well as support his wife.

The story started off slowly, but then it got more suspenseful near the end. Throughout the book, there were some surprising twists to the story. The mixture of crime scenes along with heartfelt scenes, like when Craig’s wife found out about her cancer diagnosis, made this book an interesting read. The vivid descriptions of the scenes as well as the detailed characterizations made the story easy to visualize. During the last few chapters of the book, there was a scene that made it seem like there is going to be a second book because of the cliffhanger at the end.

Moreover, what I liked the most about the book were the characters. I found the characters to be dynamic and well-rounded, especially Sheriff Craig. Sheriff Craig is portrayed as a hard-working, selfless character who does his best to bring justice and maintain safety in his town. On the other hand, Brown is ruthless, uncaring, and willing to do whatever it takes to get out of a predicament. He is also very clever since he got himself out of a few tight spots.

Overall, I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I mainly gave it 3 stars instead of 4 due to the grammatical errors that I came across. Besides the grammatical errors, I found this book to be an engaging read. The author did a great job of showing how each character was crucial to the story, and the unexpected twists in the plot added thrill to the story. I would recommend this book to readers who like to read crime or mystery books.

Greyhound Therapy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ZenaLei7's review? Post a comment saying so!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I like that this has great characters plus a mix of different genres. It makes it something for everyone. Too bad about the grammar errors, but those can easily be fixed. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
FOOD AND HOUSING
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by FOOD AND HOUSING »

When there is a group of people travelling together four hours the togetherness of people thoughts and emotional responses can be an interesting mixture of motives. This book is worth four stars because the author didn't blame person or persons for their thoughts and emotional responses. The author identified that people needed help with getting out of their perdicment. Oftentimes, a person can be a mentallist that stop a person or persons from getting hurt. Therefore, the group of people travelling from county to county on bus could help prevent an inception of tragedy and person being used for and indentified as an icon of multiple targeting.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

Sheriff Craig sounds like a great character, and the plot seems great too. I'll definitely be reading this book. Thanks for the review.
bigscarythingy
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigscarythingy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by bigscarythingy »

Great review. It seems this story was not what I was expecting, based purely upon the title. Having said that, it still sounds like a worthwhile read. The dramatic plot points have me intrigued.
"Go back to your books, and your armchair. Plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people valued home above gold, this world would be a merrier place."
LauraLeeWasHere
Favorite Author: Jess Lederman
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraleewashere.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 164792

Post by LauraLeeWasHere »

When I hear/see the word Greyhound or Bus all I think of is bad smells, cramped legs, guys you don't want to know hitting on you, late night filthy coffee shops and bathrooms and 17 hours trapped with a bunch of strangers. Needless to say I was not thrilled at the idea of reading this book. But it's a tribute to your review abilities that I'm thinking this book I don't want to pass by without stopping.
Thank you.
Sincerely, Laura-Lee
And they sang a new song saying,
"You are worthy to take the book,
and to open its to seals,
for You were slain and have redeemed us to God,
by your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and Nation." Rev. 5:9
NKJ & KJV

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”