Romance Genre Discussion

For February 2020, we'll be reading romance books.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Romance Genre Discussion

Post by Heidi M Simone »

It's February and Valentine's Day is literally days away, and what better way to spend the month than reading books that fall into the romance genre?

As we dive into this month, consider the following questions as a way to guide some discussion:
  • What was the title of the book you read/are reading?
  • Describe the type of romance within this book - clean, young adult, mature, etc.
  • Were there other genres within this book aside from romance?
  • Share a bit of the synopsis.
  • How would you rate this book?
Enjoy reading and discussing! :techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Jezebelle84
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Currently Reading: The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 2298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jezebelle84.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by Jezebelle84 »

I'm not currently reading a book that would be classified as romance, though I have read many in the past that fall under the Paranormal Romance genre. I have something of a beef with so called "romance" novels, because all of the ones that i have read aren't actually romantic. The stories are more about two people getting it on than actual romance. Lust is not the same as love and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not likely to fall into bed with someone I just met.
So, if anyone knows of any really good PR books that have actual romance and development of the relationship, I would be open to recommendations.
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Jezebelle84 wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 15:39 I'm not currently reading a book that would be classified as romance, though I have read many in the past that fall under the Paranormal Romance genre. I have something of a beef with so called "romance" novels, because all of the ones that i have read aren't actually romantic. The stories are more about two people getting it on than actual romance. Lust is not the same as love and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not likely to fall into bed with someone I just met.
So, if anyone knows of any really good PR books that have actual romance and development of the relationship, I would be open to recommendations.
Yes, I can understand that. I definitely agree that lust is not the same as love, and I tend to steer away from these books. They tend to be unrealistic and annoying to read, lol. In the other topic, did you see a book that could be more romance-based?
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “February 2020 Genre Discussion”