History and Mystery

Use this forum to discuss the March 2020 Book of the month, "House of Eire" by June Gillam.
Faithful Oso
Currently Reading: Provoked To Anger
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: History and Mystery

Post by Faithful Oso »

I have no idea of what Ireland looks like, but this book gave a beautiful picture. It was realistic and more than just fiction.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

this book gave me a glimpse of what Ireland looked like. the author detailed the places and events in the book that it felt real.
Adeniyi+samson-
Favorite Book: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeniyi-samson.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Adeniyi+samson- »

I wish I can get to see how Ireland looks like one day to see all this that the author speaks about. But I think he has really done a good job by letting us get a clue of the country.
ZettieOby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ZettieOby »

For someone like me who has not been to Ireland, I will not be able to say if she did justice to their depiction or history.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

MorganKnightOfficial wrote: 23 May 2020, 07:49 I loved the accurate way in which the author approached this! I also found it amazing that the history was fresh and new: not cliched at all!!
Faithful Oso wrote: 25 May 2020, 16:57 I have no idea of what Ireland looks like, but this book gave a beautiful picture. It was realistic and more than just fiction.
Kemmy11 wrote: 26 May 2020, 12:38 this book gave me a glimpse of what Ireland looked like. the author detailed the places and events in the book that it felt real.
Adeniyi+samson- wrote: 27 May 2020, 14:33 I wish I can get to see how Ireland looks like one day to see all this that the author speaks about. But I think he has really done a good job by letting us get a clue of the country.
ZettieOby wrote: 27 May 2020, 15:49 For someone like me who has not been to Ireland, I will not be able to say if she did justice to their depiction or history.
I've not been to Ireland (yet) either, but from what I've read, the author did a fantastic job of portraying the country realistically. I agree that her descriptions moved the book from being mere fiction into a far more real experience. Thanks to you all for stopping in and sharing your thoughts with us!
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

I do not know enough about Ireland to know how credible or realistic it is, but her depiction of Ireland was definitely the highlight of the book for me as I found the plot lacking. I did, however, felt fully immersed in all things Irish and now have this unquenched thirst to both learn more about it and travel is.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

LinaJan wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 17:15 I do not know enough about Ireland to know how credible or realistic it is, but her depiction of Ireland was definitely the highlight of the book for me as I found the plot lacking. I did, however, felt fully immersed in all things Irish and now have this unquenched thirst to both learn more about it and travel is.
I found her descriptions of the land and places within it to be quite accurate (from what I've read) and immersive as well. I've always wanted to visit Ireland but reading this definitely intensified that desire. Thanks for dropping in and sharing your thoughts with us!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I do not know much about Ireland. With that being said, the author did a marvelous job with the description of the setting and painting a real picture in my head of Ireland as well as people who live there

Return to “Discuss "House of Eire" by June Gillam”