Seamus

Use this forum to discuss the March 2020 Book of the month, "House of Eire" by June Gillam.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Seamus

Post by KCWolf »

InStoree wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 05:11 Personally, I didn't like Seamus. He had several opportunities to do the right thing, but each time he chooses the reverse. I think he received more than a second chance to show his good side. But his unbalanced behavior made the story a bit more intriguing.
I completely agree with you. I hated his character but he was a necessary part of the plot.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

DID NOT like Seamus at all. !!! The pure fact that he had so many chances to make things right was a big turn off to me.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I think the role of Seamus in the story development was two-fold. First, it is through Seamus that we understand the danger of going up against Dermot Connolly. Connolly's threats were ultimately directed toward Bridget if Seamus didn't convince her to change her mind. Second, the role of Seamus as a weak and defeated man who couldn't confront evil showed us that Bridget was unable to recognize Seamus' true nature and this was a flaw that led to Bridget's death.

I don't think Seamus will return in future books in the series. What man would hold a little girl over the edge of a tower in order to make his point?

Return to “Discuss "House of Eire" by June Gillam”