Help the characters

Use this forum to discuss the March 2020 Book of the month, "House of Eire" by June Gillam.
kelvingat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvingat.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Re: Help the characters

Post by kelvingat »

The story would have taken a different direction if Hillary's husband had a part to play.
aacodreanu
Favorite Book: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aacodreanu.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by aacodreanu »

kelvingat wrote: 29 May 2020, 13:11 The story would have taken a different direction if Hillary's husband had a part to play.
This is what I think too.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

kmittag67 wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 17:43 I was intrigued by Bridget's character. She was a strong presence with a fierce, compassionate and loving personality. I would have enjoyed having her for a lengthier period of time in the storyline. Of course, once she is murdered, I would still miss her. The novel was a delight to read. I just wish there was more of Bridget.
Yes. I would hope Bridget will not die that soon in the book. She is a strong willed girl and I would like to know more about her.
aacodreanu
Favorite Book: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aacodreanu.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by aacodreanu »

Ada Ling wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 00:04
kmittag67 wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 17:43 I was intrigued by Bridget's character. She was a strong presence with a fierce, compassionate and loving personality. I would have enjoyed having her for a lengthier period of time in the storyline. Of course, once she is murdered, I would still miss her. The novel was a delight to read. I just wish there was more of Bridget.
Yes. I would hope Bridget will not die that soon in the book. She is a strong willed girl and I would like to know more about her.
I agree that Bridget is more interesting a character than the main one and her early disappearance from the plot was disappointing. I believe the author was jealous of her so she removed her so as not to shadow the other.
Jyockel08
Currently Reading: EMP honeymoon: kelly & tom
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jyockel08.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Jyockel08 »

I liked Hillary a lot, but she lacked common sense and it bothered me. So I wish Ed could have complimented her in that way and have more of a role by providing that.

Return to “Discuss "House of Eire" by June Gillam”