Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
La Loca Designs
Currently Reading: Hooked
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-loca-designs.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Post by La Loca Designs »

I really liked Project Tau and rated it 3 out of 4 stars. I have already read the second book in the series and liked it even more!
Zaddy_007
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaddy-007.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zaddy_007 »

project Tau is an entertaining psychological thriller. I liked how the characters where developed. This book talks vividly about Kalin. Taylor. Taylor was on a scholarship to study at the College of Arts and science in Anderson. In college, he wanted to join a fraternity. The fraternity sent him to the lab to take a photo. On getting there his problems begin. This book has a lot of humor and suspense.
Indaboski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Indaboski »

Project Tau is virtually genetically modified Projects that are cloned from humans, gaze and act like humans but don't have any human liberties. People who enjoy science fiction will likely enjoy this novel. This book talks about a college boy named Kalin Taylor. He was a scholarship student. He was eager to join a fraternity. The fraternity didn't want him so they gave him a hard task to invade the premises of GenTech and get a photo as evidence.
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

Normally I'm not drawn to the topic of cloning, but it's really interesting that Kalin is used as part of the experiment. The beginning indicates that Project Tau and Project Kata have some sort of emotions, and do what Dr. Dennison fears - question their authorities. Kata's invisibility is a fascinating part of the story and a huge advantage to both of them.

I put this book on my list as soon as I read the sample and review, though I'm not finished with it yet. So far I enjoy the plot and the gradual suspense. It does seem strange to me that the scientists would capture Kalin, since he is human and cannot be fully manipulated, but it adds complexity. I'm excited to see what Austin does with the rest of the book.
"Everything is nothing, with a twist." -Kurt Vonnegut
dhaval_d84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhaval-d84.html
Latest Review: The Last Assassination by James E Doucette

Post by dhaval_d84 »

Sci-fi and fantasy books really intrigue me as they push the boundaries of imagination. The concept of cloning in this book sounds interesting, especially as it is still debatable from a moral standpoint in today's world. After reading the blurb and some of the reviews, I added this book to my shelf and I am planning to read it soon. I also enjoy the complexities of the characters, something that this book seems to promise.
Usuma Khan
Currently Reading: Hands Across The Sea
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Usuma Khan »

This book clearly depicts that if, we humans, don't learn to take responsibility and handle things the right way, even our own creations will turn against her. Kudos to the author!🌸
Marion Jepkosgei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marion-jepkosgei.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Marion Jepkosgei »

I am not a fanatic of science fiction but Project Tau is one of its own kind. I love how it projects into what might happen. I am an environmentalist and biology intrigues me so I found myself engrossed to it despite the scary unfolding.
FEislandqueen13
Currently Reading: The 19th Bladesman
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feislandqueen13.html
Latest Review: Doomsday by R. L. Gemmill

Post by FEislandqueen13 »

I have not been able to read Project Tau yet but I don't think I'll be disappointed when I do read it. After reading some of the comments, I'm convinced that I'll enjoy the book. A suspenseful science fiction novel with a gripping plot. It's my cup of tea! :o
Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalpatki.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Mrunalpatki »

This book is definitely a perfect score worthy book. It kept up the pace of the book right from the word go. The story is different, not a typical murder mystery. A page-turner. My best was the character Project Kata. I loved him or it :lol: . I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good and engaging read.
Think before you review. Read before you think. :techie-studyinggray:
Abigail Peake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-peake.html
Latest Review: Nadeems journey by Sherine Anniruth

Post by Abigail Peake »

loved reading this book! I was quickly engrossed in Project Tau by Jude Austin. I had to know what happened to Kalin Taylor and Project Tau.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes science fiction/fantasy. I hope the author, Jude Austin, does a second book. I am looking forward to reading it.
cj_mcrich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cj-mcrich.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by cj_mcrich »

Still reading a similar genre to this book but I'd love to read this after I've finished reviewing the other book. I've always been a fan of sci-fi books (though I love almost every genre), this takes me back to movies like Lucy and Ghost. To add, the discussion seems pretty lively for this book.
Abigail Klinkerman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-klinkerman.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Abigail Klinkerman »

Sci- Fi is definitely one of my favorite genres and this book proves to be one of the best in my opinion. It was exciting, thrilling, and enthralling enough that I almost finished it in one sitting
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I am not that interested in science fiction but I must admit, Project Tau is something else. Cloning is a future concept. I like the suspense involved for that I'll rate the book a 4 out of 4.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

Was very impressed with this book and was defiantly hooked
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

Haven't read the book, but the comments here are all pulling me towards grabbing a copy and start reading it. Wow, it really sounds exciting and thrilling. With all the comments and reviews, I would no doubt enjoy the book!

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”