Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
dylaneldred
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dylaneldred.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin

Post by dylaneldred »

I liked how much it made me think. I would definitely pick up a sequel if it comes out.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

raindropreader wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 10:25
ksjordan59 wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 19:22 I enjoyed this book because it was fast-paced and narrative-driven. We all know that cloning is real and it's only a matter of time before the process is misused or abused. It was interesting to watch the relationship between the two Projects develop, with each absorbing an aspect or two from the other.

I would have liked to know more about the backdrop. Where is this place? Do humans populate other planets? What is the timeline of this story?

I've already gotten my copy of the next book and look forward to reading more about the Projects.
Yes! I’d love to know more about the interplanetary worlds! And species as well, and how they interact. As well as the social norms for each species.
I imagine the sequel will delve more into other planets. I was confused that Kalin was from another planet, but human. Does that just mean humanoid?
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

blackpinkpurple wrote: 19 May 2020, 11:55 This book was right up my alley. I was excited to read this one and it did not disappoint. It is a science fiction book with teenage characters set in college with some dystopian background. It was a gripping tale about how our future may look like in the next 100 years. It also touches upon some sensitive topics such as violence and abuse, it is not graphic.

The book deals with mature topics sensitively while still being true to itself. The characters are portrayed as strong individuals with a responsibility towards the future. Some aspects of the book are relatable such as the efforts to fit in by the main protagonist. The author has designed a dark sense of humor which was pretty good. It helped in lightening the atmosphere amid the serious storyline.

Overall I would give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a great read to stimulate your imagination.
I appreciated the spots of humor thrown in also.
Jude Austin
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-austin.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Post by Jude Austin »

teacherjh wrote: 24 May 2020, 23:41
raindropreader wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 10:25
ksjordan59 wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 19:22 I enjoyed this book because it was fast-paced and narrative-driven. We all know that cloning is real and it's only a matter of time before the process is misused or abused. It was interesting to watch the relationship between the two Projects develop, with each absorbing an aspect or two from the other.

I would have liked to know more about the backdrop. Where is this place? Do humans populate other planets? What is the timeline of this story?

I've already gotten my copy of the next book and look forward to reading more about the Projects.
Yes! I’d love to know more about the interplanetary worlds! And species as well, and how they interact. As well as the social norms for each species.
I imagine the sequel will delve more into other planets. I was confused that Kalin was from another planet, but human. Does that just mean humanoid?
Stepping in here (with huge thank yous to everyone!) to say, no. Kalin's ancestors are from Earth/Terra; they just settled on another planet several hundred years ago. The history is briefly covered in Project Tau - the later editions - and explained in far more depth in the sequel where, yes, Tau and Kata do get to explore other planets. Mostly one other planet, but the others come into play too ;)

Anyway, to answer your question, every character in the series is just as fully human as you and me :D
Isaiah2018
Currently Reading: Pivotal Moments
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Isaiah2018 »

I love the sci.fic novel and enjoying practicing experiment work , I will definitely going to finish reading this book as I will additional keep it in my bookselves
Love it. Let me give it 2 out of 4 🌟
Faithful Oso
Currently Reading: Provoked To Anger
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Faithful Oso »

I'm not a fan of sci-fi, but this particular book intrigued me. Especially the suspense, i couldn't put the book down because i was eager to know what happened next. Such an interesting book, it deserves 4 out of 4 star.
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

With Proyect Tau I have a serious problem. I find it an attractive book. But the type of story and plot twists I have seen very similar to another works. Science fiction fans often suffer from great encouragement from various authors. Good or bad, the central themes of his stories do not change much over the years.

In this case we find a mixture of Pygmalion, the monster of Frankestein, Predator and the effects of the pax of Serenity (Firefly). It is a story of search and inner growth, with a few touches of action and intrigue well distributed.

As a science fiction adept I did not take this book lightly. But I do not want to rate it. This is because I feel that my criticism would be too severe and based on my personal tastes too much. Let's be honest I would give it an iron for considering it a rehash of other works and it doesn't deserve it.

The story per se has originality and creativity quotas, a research work on the subject is seen. The author's dedication and affection for his work can be seen. It seems to me that judging this book by the originality of its creatures and behavior would be very cruel of me. If we take into account other aspects of the work, we are faced with a very good book.

If it is for originality I would give this book a score of 2 out of 4 stars. But if I take into account other parts of this work it can calmly reach a score of 3 out of 4 stars.
ZettieOby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ZettieOby »

It is an intriguing and engages. Makes you stay glued to it to the end
Bhuvana Subramanyam
Favorite Book: Lady Smoke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhuvana-subramanyam.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Bhuvana Subramanyam »

Why does science fiction always accompanies with fantasy? Maybe the future possibilities of science look like modern illusions! The author well established the concept of human clones and their possible fate if they come to existence. The premise is intriguing and I would definitely want to read the book.
ZettieOby
Currently Reading:

Post by ZettieOby »

It sounds intriguing and engaging to read. It brings to mind ongoing scientific exploration in bio-engineering and cytogenetics.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipochashe.html
Latest Review: Body in the Woods by Behcet Kaya

Post by Chipochashe »

This book sounds intriguing. I hope it is more scientific than fantasy. I'm also not sure if I would like to be left hanging.
:D Only God gives the strength to smile in the face of death.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipochashe.html
Latest Review: Body in the Woods by Behcet Kaya

Post by Chipochashe »

Giga51087 wrote: 25 May 2020, 21:32 With Proyect Tau I have a serious problem. I find it an attractive book. But the type of story and plot twists I have seen very similar to another works. Science fiction fans often suffer from great encouragement from various authors. Good or bad, the central themes of his stories do not change much over the years.

In this case we find a mixture of Pygmalion, the monster of Frankestein, Predator and the effects of the pax of Serenity (Firefly). It is a story of search and inner growth, with a few touches of action and intrigue well distributed.

As a science fiction adept I did not take this book lightly. But I do not want to rate it. This is because I feel that my criticism would be too severe and based on my personal tastes too much. Let's be honest I would give it an iron for considering it a rehash of other works and it doesn't deserve it.

The story per se has originality and creativity quotas, a research work on the subject is seen. The author's dedication and affection for his work can be seen. It seems to me that judging this book by the originality of its creatures and behavior would be very cruel of me. If we take into account other aspects of the work, we are faced with a very good book.

If it is for originality I would give this book a score of 2 out of 4 stars. But if I take into account other parts of this work it can calmly reach a score of 3 out of 4 stars.
That makes me think twice about whether I'd enjoy. I like books to feel fresh and original. That's hard to come by though.
:D Only God gives the strength to smile in the face of death.
ZettieOby
Currently Reading:

Post by ZettieOby »

The book is intriguing and engaging. It keeps one hooked on to it.
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Post by Niv123 »

I have just begun the book and find it very interesting!
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Post by Niv123 »

To be honest, I am not a big fan of science fiction, but I think this book will prove to be an exception!

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”