Favorite character in the story?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Favorite character in the story?

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

He story had many characters each with different personalities and intrests. I enjoyed Project Kata for his resilience, bravery, and heart. He was my favorite character in the story.
Who was your favorite character in this story?
Elmaestro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elmaestro.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by Elmaestro »

My favorite character was Project Tau.. I liked how he could reason out situations before taking an action plus his bravery was superior!
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

Honestly, I found Tau extremely endearing. His naivety and innocence made him seem like a child that I wanted to protect. At the same time, his growing curiosity and intelligence was great to see as the story progressed. I loved his friendship with Kata, and it was amazing to see him learn to rebel and to want and think for himself.
Ari Martinez
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

My favorite character was Tau. I liked how his character developed as the story progressed. It was like watching a child learning about the world, very endearing, and of course, when you see someone growing, there is always a level of attachment that is formed.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

Arimart99 wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:00 My favorite character was Tau. I liked how his character developed as the story progressed. It was like watching a child learning about the world, very endearing, and of course, when you see someone growing, there is always a level of attachment that is formed.
I agree. Watching a character grow, mature, and develop connects you more to them. This is definitely true with Tau. Plus, he is brave, smart, and curious, which I also like. I loved watching him grow and progress throughout the story. He is a strong character with so many good qualities!
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

My favorite character is Dr Renfield. Though he is a scientist working on Kata he is righteous and plays fair. Without Dr Renfield and his investigation, the story wouldn’t be as good as it is.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Project Tau was my favorite. He was so innocent (until Kata came along) and naive. But I enjoyed the way he began to evolve under Kata's influence.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

DEEPA PUJARI wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 10:02 My favorite character is Dr Renfield. Though he is a scientist working on Kata he is righteous and plays fair. Without Dr Renfield and his investigation, the story wouldn’t be as good as it is.
I totally agree with this. He is a character who happens to have played a major role in making this story as good as it turned out.
Realsy
Favorite Book: The Host
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-realsy.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Realsy »

Tau was my favorite character. He was kind from the beginning and realized he could learn more with Kalin/Kata's help. He chose what he agreed with and not. Tau became a bit sarcastic but at least he didn't curse as much as everyone else in the book. He went through a lot and it didn't change him too much and would call Kata out when necessary. A perfect compliment to Kata's character.
Frannie Annie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frannie-annie.html
Latest Review: Loneliness in the Pocket by Graeme Stuckings

Post by Frannie Annie »

I would say I'm torn between Kata and Renfield. They were both strong and really good characters.
Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

Zee_Zee wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 05:21
DEEPA PUJARI wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 10:02 My favorite character is Dr Renfield. Though he is a scientist working on Kata he is righteous and plays fair. Without Dr Renfield and his investigation, the story wouldn’t be as good as it is.
I totally agree with this. He is a character who happens to have played a major role in making this story as good as it turned out.
I agree with this. He is the only character who is trying to do the “right” thing and has the power to do so. He is my favorite character. I do like Kata and Tau also, but Renfield is my favorite.
raindropreader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by raindropreader »

I have to say Tau. Because he was created already being an adult and never experienced childhood I did think of him as a child in many ways. I found him endearing and lovable, more so than Kata.
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

My favorite character was Kata because he endured more. He knew what he had lost and found a way to go forward with courage despite everything that had happened.
SGalvarez1995
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sgalvarez1995.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by SGalvarez1995 »

My favorite character was Tau because it had the most grow. When the book started he did not know anything about the other human world, but with determination and torture throughout the story it became as intelligent as KATA. who could have thought?
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

Jocelyn Eastman wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 20:03
Zee_Zee wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 05:21
I agree with this. He is the only character who is trying to do the “right” thing and has the power to do so. He is my favorite character. I do like Kata and Tau also, but Renfield is my favorite.
Now I did like Renfield a lot, but I wouldn't go as far to say he did the right thing. He was still a scientist. He felt the same way as all the others when it came to Tau. He did redeem himself a bit by trying to help them and be kind. But at the end of the day, he wouldn't give Kata pain meds. He was training slaves, and okay with that. He was an excellent character though.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”