Favorite character in the story?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Re: Favorite character in the story?

Post by DragonLight877 »

So my favorite character was Tau, but it was Tau because of how he responded to the injustices. When Kata asked him to up his pain acclimation sessions, and he said no. That whole thing. Tau explaining what happens to him, and his exasperation that he just can't do this anymore. And the fact that he is even angry at Kata, the only friend he's known, and not even Kata has a right to use or abuse him. Yeah, I really liked Tau. :)
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

My pick as favourite is Tau because of how he progressed with the flow of the story. He however did not allow what he went through to have much effect on him.
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

My favorite character was Kata because of his ability to endure. He came to the understanding that he had lost something and found a way to pick himself up and kept on moving forward with courage and resilience..
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

My favourite character was Tau. He was innocent at first and I love his curiosity which lead to his intellectual growth.
richardwille1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richardwille1.html
Latest Review: Grit & Granite by Katherine Lee Johnson

Post by richardwille1 »

I would have to say Tau was my favorite character. He was an adult with that childlike innocence because he never had a childhood. This made him lovable and I really felt a connection to him.
Marlaszw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlaszw.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Marlaszw »

I guess I'm torn between Renfield and Chatton. I liked Renfield because he was smart enough to suspect what was going on and good and brave enough to investigate it. Chatton is just very endearing to me. Something about the quirkiness, shuddering at swear words, while being witness to torture, yet in the end still having an instinct to protect these Projects.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

K honesty don't know who to pick between Kata and Dr. Reinfield.
Watching Kata's personality evolve as the book progressed endeared him to me, but Dr. Reinfield's intelligence cannot be understated.
vagrimes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vagrimes.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by vagrimes »

DragonLight877 wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 12:55
Jocelyn Eastman wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 20:03
Zee_Zee wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 05:21 I totally agree with this. He is a character who happens to have played a major role in making this story as good as it turned out.
I agree with this. He is the only character who is trying to do the “right” thing and has the power to do so. He is my favorite character. I do like Kata and Tau also, but Renfield is my favorite.
Now I did like Renfield a lot, but I wouldn't go as far to say he did the right thing. He was still a scientist. He felt the same way as all the others when it came to Tau. He did redeem himself a bit by trying to help them and be kind. But at the end of the day, he wouldn't give Kata pain meds. He was training slaves, and okay with that. He was an excellent character though.
I agree with this. Renfield was the only one who provided Kata with any source of hope, but I think that was just because he was so horrified by what GenTech had done to Kata who was a human. Renfield is really just a person working for a powerful company with shady morals. It was great that in the end he chose to work against GenTech and do the "right thing," but Kata was an extenuating circumstance. Renfield was still heavily involved with everything else GenTech stands for and works towards. He was a great character and played a large role in the story, but I think being the only one who tried to help Kata paints him in a brighter light than he may deserve.
rjohnston815
Currently Reading: Fix: Sex, Lies & Banking
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjohnston815.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by rjohnston815 »

I also pick Dr. Renfield, mostly because he recognized that what he was a part of was not right and instead of just going with it, he opted to try to do the right thing even though he knew he was risking his own life.
Renee Johnston :techie-studyinggray:
Lover of books and life...
Brooklyn, NY
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

Kata seemed to take center stage but it was Tau that I found my heart going out to. He is the perfect example of selflessness. When he purposely got cut just to get Kata some much needed water, that's what did it for me.
Leah M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-m.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Leah M »

Tau is my favorite character. Identity struggle is a strong theme in this book. While Kata has extremes, Tau eases into humanity. In the end, he makes more rational decisions than Kata.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

While I liked both Kata and Tau, Tau was my favorite because he was so innocent and selfless.
Josep22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josep22.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Josep22 »

My favourite actor was Tau, he was not only intelligent but also so reserves when making decisions. No wonder his decisions were always well thought out and rarely wrong.
Dannyphery
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dannyphery.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Dannyphery »

I loved Tau. His character development was quite amazing. Though he advanced whilst under the influence of Kata, I still felt he was a lovely character.
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxiphemmax.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by maxiphemmax »

I'll surely go with Tau, his resilience is something worth of commendation. However Renfield did captured my attention, but not as much as Tau.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”