The Dangers of a Dare!

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Re: The Dangers of a Dare!

Post by Laura Mich »

Zee_Zee wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 19:08 Yes! I believe Kalin's life was ended due to the dare. Unfortunately, it wasn't what he anticipated.
Youngsters indeed, should be careful what they wish for. Not all that glitters are gold!
The desire to fit in under the peer influence. Kalin's character is one of the most relatable character in today's society.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

leximutia wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 18:21 Life as Kalin Taylor knew it definitely did end because of the dare. Although the epic character that is Project Kata emerged as a result of it, the lesson to be learned here is that putting yourself at risk in order to satisfy other's maligned wants is certainly not worth it.
Sometimes the desire to fit in and stand out in the society can lead to questionable consequences. It sometimes sucks the humanity in someone and leaves a dark void that can only be filled by acts of revenge.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I do think, in retrospect, it was irresponsible of Kalin to take the dare. However, it is understandable. When I first went to college, I had no experience in being away from home. I was very eager to make friends, too.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”