Human vs. ... Other

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Human vs. ... Other

Post by RHD »

The results of these projects are certainly not human beings. They are sort of 'human-like'. In regards to rights, even animal life has some rights, hence, this can be discussed over time. The issue here should be whether they should have equal rights with humans; the answer would obviously be no! Otherwise, they are created to look and act as humanly as possible, so it might be quite difficult for a common person to notice they are different, unless they reveal their true selves.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

RHD wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 09:26 The results of these projects are certainly not human beings. They are sort of 'human-like'. In regards to rights, even animal life has some rights, hence, this can be discussed over time. The issue here should be whether they should have equal rights with humans; the answer would obviously be no! Otherwise, they are created to look and act as humanly as possible, so it might be quite difficult for a common person to notice they are different, unless they reveal their true selves.
I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. Tau and his fellow clones are created from human DNA. Hence, technically, they have human 'parents.' How does that make them any less human than a baby created from In-Vetro fertilization? Or from those that are called 'test-tube babies?" If Tau, who is created in much the same way, is not human, what does that mean for these other children? Why are they considered human? In any case, I appreciate your stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

They are not really people in the traditional sense, but that doesn’t keep them from having feelings. As a result, they should be treated with respect and not treated as though they are less than their trainers. They may be stronger and more capable of some tings, but abuse, in any form, should not be allowed.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”