Loose Ends - What more do you want to see following the end of the story?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Loose Ends - What more do you want to see following the end of the story?

Post by leximutia »

There were some loose ends after the ending of Project Tau that I really wanted to see tied up. Mainly, I wanted to know what Jimmy Salvatore and Amy Saunders would do with the info on Project Kata, and of course, I wanted to know where Tau and Kata would go after their escape. I know the ending is essentially a cliffhanger, and I greatly look forward to a sequel or any follow-up to the story.

Are there any loose ends that you wanted to know more about in particular? What are they? And how do you hope those loose ends will resolve?

EDIT: Alright, I've just found out that there is indeed a sequel, so I will be on my way to ready that now! Regardless, for those who have not yet read the sequel, what hanging questions do you most desire to see resolved?
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

I am really curious to know if and how Kata is brought to justice. I am also curious to know how Kalin's parents react when they get to know that their son is alive.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

I would also love to know how Kalin and his parents get along if reacquainted. The way Kalin perceives them versus how they were when Renfield visited them is quite different. For instance, he admits straight out that he didn't have a good relationship with his father because he wasn't as athletic. He didn't think either of them would care as much as they did when their son was dead. But we know that his mother basically became a traumatized mute, and his father wasn't much better off.
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Realsy
Favorite Book: The Host
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-realsy.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Realsy »

I want some of the same things other people mentioned. We know Renfield sent emails to Amy and Jimmy with the information. I'm curious what they will do with it. Plus, Amy sent an unsigned note to Kata/Kalin before she left so I'm hoping he will follow her instructions and go to Core Central since he followed her other instructions abut the security system. On the issue of his parents, I hope his mom will get better and will accept him again when she sees him but unfortunately his claws are not retractable so she might freak. His dad I have no idea if he will use this second chance to redeem himself or not. Because I just think if would be fun, I think he should go to that frat jerk, Phillip, and scare the sh*t out of him. What would really be cool is if Kata/Kalin and Project Tau actually became part of the GenTech team to help turn things around. It would give Tau a job since he doesn't have papers to get one elsewhere. Hopefully the people the two projects were supposed to go to don't hunt them down and recapture them.
leximutia
Currently Reading:

Post by leximutia »

DEEPA PUJARI wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 13:48 I am really curious to know if and how Kata is brought to justice. I am also curious to know how Kalin's parents react when they get to know that their son is alive.
Do you mean how Kata ends up getting justice for the situation Mason (and Dennison) forced him into? Oh yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how that turns out. Even though the both of them are already dead, I feel like GenTech should have to pay in some way.

On the other hand, I'm also sorta curious about how his parents would react to the news that Kalin Taylor is alive. Beyond that, I wonder how they would react when they find out what happened to him throughout all the time he spent in GenTech as a Project.
leximutia
Currently Reading:

Post by leximutia »

Sinclairess wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 14:11 I would also love to know how Kalin and his parents get along if reacquainted. The way Kalin perceives them versus how they were when Renfield visited them is quite different. For instance, he admits straight out that he didn't have a good relationship with his father because he wasn't as athletic. He didn't think either of them would care as much as they did when their son was dead. But we know that his mother basically became a traumatized mute, and his father wasn't much better off.
I do remember that Kalin had a strained relationship with his family, but clearly, they must have loved him as their son, given their reactions.
leximutia
Currently Reading:

Post by leximutia »

Realsy wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 11:49 I want some of the same things other people mentioned. We know Renfield sent emails to Amy and Jimmy with the information. I'm curious what they will do with it. Plus, Amy sent an unsigned note to Kata/Kalin before she left so I'm hoping he will follow her instructions and go to Core Central since he followed her other instructions abut the security system. On the issue of his parents, I hope his mom will get better and will accept him again when she sees him but unfortunately his claws are not retractable so she might freak. His dad I have no idea if he will use this second chance to redeem himself or not. Because I just think if would be fun, I think he should go to that frat jerk, Phillip, and scare the sh*t out of him. What would really be cool is if Kata/Kalin and Project Tau actually became part of the GenTech team to help turn things around. It would give Tau a job since he doesn't have papers to get one elsewhere. Hopefully the people the two projects were supposed to go to don't hunt them down and recapture them.
I almost forgot about Phillip! And I think I'd actually really want to see how he would react to seeing Kalin alive now as the hardened, stronger Kata. On the other hand, while I don't think either Kata or Tau would ever willingly have anything to do with GenTech moving forward, joining the team and improving the organization is an interesting possibility.
Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

leximutia wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 12:03
Sinclairess wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 14:11 I would also love to know how Kalin and his parents get along if reacquainted. The way Kalin perceives them versus how they were when Renfield visited them is quite different. For instance, he admits straight out that he didn't have a good relationship with his father because he wasn't as athletic. He didn't think either of them would care as much as they did when their son was dead. But we know that his mother basically became a traumatized mute, and his father wasn't much better off.
I do remember that Kalin had a strained relationship with his family, but clearly, they must have loved him as their son, given their reactions.
I was really interested to see what happened with Jimmy and Amy but after reading this thread I am also interested to see what happens with his family. It’s clear his family loves him more than he knows and it would be really nice if he knew that after all the trauma he went through.
raindropreader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by raindropreader »

I personally would like to know if Kata/Kalin ever gets to see his family again. I don’t have high hopes that he would be able to or that if he did that it would go well due to the changes and torture he endured.
raindropreader
Currently Reading:

Post by raindropreader »

To be honest learning of what really happened to her son could possibly be even more traumatic than just thinking he died. I find the concept of experimentation and torture and the unbelievable abuse that he endured just so traumatic to even read about or imagine someone actually going through. And she was already traumatized... just not sure how it’s going to go.
raindropreader
Currently Reading:

Post by raindropreader »

leximutia wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 12:07
Realsy wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 11:49 I want some of the same things other people mentioned. We know Renfield sent emails to Amy and Jimmy with the information. I'm curious what they will do with it. Plus, Amy sent an unsigned note to Kata/Kalin before she left so I'm hoping he will follow her instructions and go to Core Central since he followed her other instructions abut the security system. On the issue of his parents, I hope his mom will get better and will accept him again when she sees him but unfortunately his claws are not retractable so she might freak. His dad I have no idea if he will use this second chance to redeem himself or not. Because I just think if would be fun, I think he should go to that frat jerk, Phillip, and scare the sh*t out of him. What would really be cool is if Kata/Kalin and Project Tau actually became part of the GenTech team to help turn things around. It would give Tau a job since he doesn't have papers to get one elsewhere. Hopefully the people the two projects were supposed to go to don't hunt them down and recapture them.
I almost forgot about Phillip! And I think I'd actually really want to see how he would react to seeing Kalin alive now as the hardened, stronger Kata. On the other hand, while I don't think either Kata or Tau would ever willingly have anything to do with GenTech moving forward, joining the team and improving the organization is an interesting possibility.
I have to third this opinion about him going to visit Phillip after what happened to him as a direct result of Phillip. Now that would be satisfying.
freshbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freshbook.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by freshbook »

I was interested to see if Kata and Tau were going to do anything with Project Epsilon. I know this project seems like a lost cause, but I wanted to see more of the story involving this.
Marlaszw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlaszw.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Marlaszw »

I wanted to know if leader/CEO of GenTech had any idea of what was going on at this location. If so, did he condone it? Try to stop it? If not, how will he react when he finds out?
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

I'm interested in knowing how Kalin's parents are going to react when they figure out their son is alive.
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

What will soothe my sense of satisfaction is to see how Kalin's reunion with his parents will look like.

Now that's it for me..

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”