What do you think about GenTech putting Project Tau and Kata in the same cell

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
rjohnston815
Currently Reading: Fix: Sex, Lies & Banking
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjohnston815.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Re: What do you think about GenTech putting Project Tau and Kata in the same cell

Post by rjohnston815 »

I think it was in equal parts due to both the arrogance of Dennison, as well as his scientific mind. On one hand it was an experiment with the question being, "Can Kata have an influence?" On the other hand, he assumed the answer was no and that his ultimate power over Tau would remain in place. So he saw no harm in placing them together because his hypothesis was that Kata would not influence Tau.
Renee Johnston :techie-studyinggray:
Lover of books and life...
Brooklyn, NY
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

I agree with those who think they were put together to see what kind of an influence Kata would have on Tau. I think they wanted the clone to take on more human qualities and traits to see just what he could do.
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

(1) I think the scientists believed they had trained (tortured) Tau into submission. Also, when Kalin first arrived at GenTech, the scientists observed how gullible he was. They assumed that both of them could be easily manipulated. - (2) Maybe they wanted Tau and Kalin to bond. They could then use that friendship against them. Tau observed Kalin's sufferings when he was denied food and water. Kalin was outraged when he learned about the sexual abuse Tau was subjected to. In the end, this worked against the scientists as Tau and Kalin used their friendship to defeat their jailers.
bunmiolu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunmiolu.html
Latest Review: My Heart in Kenya by Ruth Beardsley

Post by bunmiolu »

DEEPA PUJARI wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 10:10 Being scientists, I think keeping Project Tau and Project Kata in the same cell is the single most foolish thing GenTech did. Dr Dennison was aware of Project Kata trying to corrupt Project Tau’s mind but he did not separate them. I wonder why :?: :?: :?:
Wow! This is interesting. I can't wait to read the book.
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

DEEPA PUJARI wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 10:10 Being scientists, I think keeping Project Tau and Project Kata in the same cell is the single most foolish thing GenTech did. Dr Dennison was aware of Project Kata trying to corrupt Project Tau’s mind but he did not separate them. I wonder why :?: :?: :?:
A Well though question and I totally agree with you. I had the same thought In my mind and later after thinking about the story through again I just realise that this is also another inhuman act to add to the list.
Books_are_Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 940
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-are-life.html
Latest Review: The Gryphon by Paula Grover
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Books_are_Life »

aruntr2001 wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 05:10
A Well though question and I totally agree with you. I had the same thought In my mind and later after thinking about the story through again I just realise that this is also another inhuman act to add to the list.
I feel that this was the only human thing they did. It made it so Kata was not so lonely as a single cell would make him. Arrogant is why they kept them together in believing Tau would influence Kata not the other way.
InventorT
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inventort.html
Latest Review: Better Dead Than Divorced by Lukas Thanasis Konandreas, M.D.

Post by InventorT »

I think they felt they had trained their projects to be obedient and never thought it was a bad idea or that they would eventually regret
Lia A
Favorite Book: Aurora Rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lia-a.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Lia A »

I think that it was not a great idea. If you think like Dennison or Mason, you may be able to understand it more. It could have something to do with how they see projects as less than human, even if they knew about Kalin. They are a rich company, but it was mentioned that this branch of GenTech was low on funds/budget, so they may have just wanted to cut corners and use one room.
“𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶, 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓾𝓼.”
― 𝓒𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮, (𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴 𝓐𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵)
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

In the book, Mason reasons by saying he couldn't spend billions on another holding cell. But for the story to develop the way it developed, the unobstructed interaction between Tau and Kata was absolutely necessary.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Dartemis »

I think it was a very foolish mistake that ended up costing them everything in the end. Even if it was just a test to see if Tau could be influenced or the scientists just being arrogant, they really should have thought out the repercussions more.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I think it was a calculated risk on the part of GenTech that went horribly wrong. They assumed that Tau’s training would be stronger than Kata’s influence. Boy, were they wrong.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”