Character progression of both Kalin and Tau

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
InventorT
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inventort.html
Latest Review: Better Dead Than Divorced by Lukas Thanasis Konandreas, M.D.

Re: Character progression of both Kalin and Tau

Post by InventorT »

I think kalinโ€™s character progressed more. He became a better version of himself (his childhood self)
Lia A
Favorite Book: Aurora Rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lia-a.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Lia A »

I believe both Kata and Tau both developed equally but in their own ways. Kata goes from coward to cunning. Tau goes from bland to becoming his own self.
โ€œ๐“ž๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ต๐”€๐“ช๐”‚๐“ผ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ถ, ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ธ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ ๐“พ๐“ผ.โ€
โ€• ๐“’๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ช ๐“’๐“ต๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ, (๐“’๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ด ๐“๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต)
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

jdraper16 wrote: โ†‘24 Apr 2020, 21:09 I agree. I believe Kalin progressed more. Tau was basically nothing when he was created, and thus had no prior biases or ideas of his own. Kalin had lived an entire childhood and was embarking on his adulthood when he was kidnapped. He had ideas and plans. Those were violently ripped from him and he had to create a whole new identity and still preserve some of his originality. I saw him struggle to mesh these two together when he finally started giving in to his training. He began to seriously doubt himself and had to reconcile that all of his memories may have been false, even though he knew them to be true. He progressed into a hybrid of Kalin and Kata.
True. Kalin went from an insecure coward to a strong badass. Tau went from a clone to a human emotionally, understanding he doesn't have to put up with the bad sh*t (I can't find a more meaningful word) around him and can want to have a safe and happy life.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

Return to โ€œDiscuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austinโ€