Similarities to Bladerunner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
anaplasticCerebrum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anaplasticcerebrum.html
Latest Review: Milton at Monticello: Thomas Jefferson's Reading of John Milton by Kemmer Anderson

Similarities to Bladerunner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Post by anaplasticCerebrum »

For anyone who has either read Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? or seen the movie adaptation Bladerunner, did you notice any similarities? There is the obvious shared point of cloning or human replicas. I noticed how both works addressed if "things" that look and act nearly exactly as humans do can count as human. In Dick's book, the protagonist even falls in love with one of the replicas! Despite their appearance as human, both can act extraordinarily violent as they have been programmed. Though eventually root against the scientists, I remember being shocked by Kata's violence and skills in the beginning of the book. Any points I missed? Or any other works Project Tau reminds you of?
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

Blade Runner 2049. I, Robot. Detroit Become Human. All of these address the same issue. If something can feel, is it okay to hurt it?
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”