Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
gracedivine
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 27

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Post by gracedivine »

No matter what we are going through, God can rescue us. All the stories here show the power of faith and trust in God. It's awesome and inspiring and just the kind of book the world needs now
Estrellah254
Currently Reading: Vegan for Her: The Woman's Guide to Being Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estrellah254.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Estrellah254 »

Religious people will find this book very helpful. They will be uplifted and inspired. We need God's grace everyday for us to succeed in life.
Galarneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galarneau.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Galarneau »

I hope to read this book soon. A compilation of short stories sharing personal experiences of crisis and grace received and shared should be an inspirational read.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html

Post by Nujudee »

I haven't read the book yet but the replies are a great encouragement and go ahead to read this book.
Christian books help build one's faith and trust in God. I hope this book does the same for me.
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I think I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It's very well written and well organized, and the author defends his ideas admirably. I particularly appreciated the short stories and especially the Bible verses. I never tire of the beauty of the Bible's poetry and prose and the wisdom it contains.
San_Chai
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by San_Chai »

The book was surprisingly good though I'm not that committed to partake in any religious beliefs. But this book helps me to gain faith to Lord and also this helps me to overcome stresses that may leads to depression
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

All of us have undergone a crisis in life, whether major or minor sufferings, they are all the same. God's grace is evident in our lives, but we tend to overlook it and grumble instead. I believe this book is for everyone, it is a reminder from God that He is with us all the time, and that His grace is sufficient enough in times of trouble. Once we have been grateful for the grace we have received, then we can move forward and learn to give grace to others in need as well.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

San_Chai wrote: 16 May 2020, 18:11 The book was surprisingly good though I'm not that committed to partake in any religious beliefs. But this book helps me to gain faith to Lord and also this helps me to overcome stresses that may leads to depression
God speaks to us in many different ways, and I'm glad to hear that this book have touched you and changed your view of Him. Having faith in God is not a sign of weakness, rather He is the source of our strength and our refuge in times of trouble.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
anoushka_thakur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anoushka-thakur.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by anoushka_thakur »

Practicing faith and believing in it are two different things. Is believing enough to see a miracle, I guess so. People often aren't able to see signs perhaps they don't believe in it. According to me once you start believing in it you subconsciously start following it in your heart.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Pstodumeje
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pstodumeje.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Pstodumeje »

The objective of this book is to provide comfort to struggling people. Faith in God is the key. The chapter gives some scriptures referring to the issue which could be of some satisfaction. The author gives us an insight of Gods Incredible gift to humanity. The author researched plenty of sources before writing the message in the book. I like inspirational books like Grace Revealed.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html

Post by Nujudee »

Haven't read the book yet, but so far the reviews I'm seeing here are really encouraging. I wouldn't mind giving this book a shot.
Coupled with the fact that it's a Christian read?
Extremely perfect!
blackpinkpurple
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackpinkpurple.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by blackpinkpurple »

The book Grace Revealed: Finding God’s Strength in Any Crisis by Frederick J. Sievert is special for me as I became closer to God after reading it. It gives me strength and hopes that all the problems and obstacles in the path of life can be overcome easily if we just have faith in God. God is always there for us even in our most difficult times. He will guide us through right and protect us from the wrong.

At the starting of the book, Sievert explains the Bible’s message of grace and his understanding of how it affects us in our problems. In his words, the life of a Christian follows three phases: experiencing a crisis, receiving grace, and returning grace to others. After this, the book manifests into chapters of real incidences of people of the grievances that they went through such as health problems, loss of a dear one, or problems in their careers. Getting to know about their strong perseverance and God’s grace upon them at the end is like seeing light at the end of a tunnel. I knew it that whatever happens is God’s will but after reading other people’s experiences filled with hope; it’s made my faith in God even stronger. We just should not lose faith and stay strong.

It was a transformative journey after reading the book; it has not just made a strong believer of the lord but has also influenced me in how I deal with other people’s issues. Earlier I used to be appalled after hearing about their problems and question the sanctity of God with them. I would think why would God give such grievances to such wonderful people, but now I know that if he has given them problems he would also bestow them with the power to overcome it. That’s the step of ‘returning grace to others’.

A thing I particularly liked about the book was the addition of inspirational quotes after each chapter. These are verses from the Bible that relate to God’s grace and power in times of despair. This book was fabulous. I will give it 4 out of 4 stars.
Lawrence Chitu Msopa
Favorite Author: Mitchel Street
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-chitu-msopa.html
Latest Review: Restore Trust by Werner NEFF
fav_author_id: 2357

Post by Lawrence Chitu Msopa »

The book took me back, to my past life experiences, it has made me to understand how God's Grace transforms our lives from worst to best. Upon reading this book I realised that those who are seeking for true love and joy they have to opt God's ways through his son Jesus Christ.

I was very excited to know that trauma has nothing to do in the presence of God, because he is our Redeemer in all circumstances. If we're subjected to God's words and keeps on talking to him through the Bible and prayers everyday, we gain confidence and our faith increases.

I recommend this book not only to Christians, but also to those who are seeking true love and joy because the book looks to be life transformative from worst to best; for this reason I therefore rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

I'm an atheist but I've always been curious about religions and what and why they preach for. It sounds like an interesting read, I might check it out later.
Lisaalecia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lisaalecia »

This is encouraging for believers, especially those going through hard times. I love all the different stories of struggle and redemption. told by various people in various circumstances. Testimony is very powerful; it can change a person's heart. I am a believer and this this story encourage me.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”