Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Mom 215731
Favorite Book: Innocent Victims
Currently Reading: Kansas City Cover-Up
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mom-215731.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Post by Mom 215731 »

I absolutely love this book. The stories were inspirational. This book contained many stories of personal triumph that shows us all through our faith and sheer determination we can make our lives and the lives of those around us a little better. This is a book I would definitely read again!
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

I love the book because it talks about grace with some scriptures from the Bible and also true life stories and it also shows how merciful God is, so we should never loose faith in God.
gelli_baranda
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gelli-baranda.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by gelli_baranda »

Grace is a topic often discussed yet there's a blatant lack of understand among believers, and is underrated.

I believe that God created men in all walks of life to bring out the best in everyone. We all have a lot on our plates going on, specially on a crisis we are facing right now, but we should hold on to our faith that better things are coming our way. I know it's easier said than done, but we should put our trust in Him.
Happy reading,
Gelli xoxo
Imperio
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imperio.html
Latest Review: A Talk with God, published book, Amazon by Lisa Mullins

Post by Imperio »

Kayla-S-M1 wrote: 03 May 2020, 21:46 I really enjoyed how much emphasis the author puts on how attainable forgiveness is! It's really inspiring, especially for people who fear that they have run out of places to turn to. My only problem was the repeated mention of sexual abuse without a real trigger warning, but other than that, I think the book was well written and informative. I would recommend to others, regardless of their religious background. It is always interesting to learn about other faiths!! :D
I wholeheartedly agree with your qualm about the lack of trigger warning. I think people sometimes forget how difficult it is for other people to read about detailed recounts of sexual assault, especially if they can relate. Thank you for bringing this up. I could upvote this, I would!
Carennkemdiala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carennkemdiala.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Carennkemdiala »

I must say that this book is a must read for everyone. The author captures the journeys of a Christian and the many challenges they are likely to encounter in life. I also love the way he uses stories to paint real life scenarios and using the same strategy to encourage and lift up one’s spirit to never give up in life. Being a child raised in a Christian home, I can totally relate to most of the chapters of this book. I rate this book 4 stars.
Chege_wanjiku
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chege-wanjiku.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Chege_wanjiku »

I like that this book integrates particular feeling, sadness, and indicates how those elements could be withstood by having faith in God.which could just be a matter of preference. What I like most about the book is comprised of mini-stories.
almeidabel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almeidabel.html
Latest Review: The Juicy Fruit Man by LaMar Going

Post by almeidabel »

im not religious but I guess that this kind of book may help us in another way too and not only our faith and believes
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

I believe that learning from the experiences of others is safer than from yours. This makes this book a companion for me. The Author's experiences are ones that I have learnt a lot from. And you know what is more interesting? It's that God's grace is available to all! Believe and have faith in Jesus and tap into this available grace. Don't forget to share this grace with others.
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

I whole-heartedly agree with the premise of this book: That our faith is strengthened by hearing the testimonies of God's grace. So many people need to hear this message. I loved the quote from Rick Warren: "Because you receive the grace of God through Christ alone, the lord doesn’t look at you like you think he does." So often, I do not turn to God because of how I look at myself. It is good to be reminded that, when he looks at us, God only sees Christ.
We’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf.
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Divergent_2020 »

I found this book very inspiring. Concepts like grace and forgiveness are so well explained. Apart from the mini-stories, I loved that the author discussed complex topics so easily. Belief and faith in God can indeed change our life.
Munachimso_Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-munachimso-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Munachimso_Nwaogazie »

I love the fact that it has a relationship with Christianity and spirituality and as a Christain, it is necessary to read this book. There is a lot of value it adds to a child of God.
Marty_Kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marty-kelly.html
Latest Review: Genetic Spurn - The Reality? by M. R. Coates - Rutgers Univ. GSM

Post by Marty_Kelly »

This seems like the kind of book I like. Definitely adding it to my "to read" list
Silacdaka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Silacdaka »

I like this book because it actually helps me to live christian life
Marxell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Marxell »

The thing I love about this book is that,it doesn't just talk about Grace but makes you see real life experiences that makes the reader understand it better. The short stories are also very nice. I love it
morijin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morijin.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by morijin »

I just recently started reading this book and I've been taking my time to really understand it. So far, I like that it incorporates specific emotions--grief, depression etc and shows how those things could be overcome by having faith in God. As someone who didn't grow up in a Christian environment, I find some aspects of the book to be a bit hard to grasp. However it's been very helpful to me. My favorite aspect is that the book is comprised of mini stories. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”