Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert

Post by Agbata precious »

Nerea wrote: 01 May 2020, 01:08 This is a good piece that might encourage readers, especially those seeking spiritual comfort and enlightenment. The author defines Grace (also undeserved kindness), stating its importance. With conviction and supportive testimonies, the author explains how you can attain the undeserved kindness from God and how it can affect you as an individual.

My only problem is with some parts of the material where the author doesn’t provide a clear distinction between God and Jesus. At some point, he speaks of the two as one person and in other points as two different people. This might sound confusing for readers who are new to the divine teaching.

I like the Bible example of transformation incorporated in the material, which helps the reader to understand God’s undeserved kindness and know its purpose. Additionally, there are cited Bible verses addressed to specific readers, who are going through trials and are seeking comfort.

That said, I rate the book at [/b]3 out of 4 stars[/b]. I feel like some teachings in the material need a better explanation. There are some that I don’t agree with, like, how God views us as individuals and the lack of a clear distinction between God and Jesus.

The book will impress Christians or any reader looking for some good spiritual refreshments.
You've said it all my friend.
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

In this book, the author exhorts some of the values pertinent to a Christian that can help to consolidate his stance with God, and also build healthy relationship with himself and other people around him. The short stories is an excellent way by the author to convey his messages. An amazing to have in hand when going through crises.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

In a world replete with anxious, afraid, and confused folks, I would recommend this book because it depicts a loving, kind, and gracious God, as against a terrifying one. The book also holds an enourmos power to better our world as it encourages readers to return grace to others.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

In a world replete with anxious, afraid, and confused folks, I would recommend this book because it depicts a loving, kind, and gracious God, as against a terrifying one. The book also holds an enourmos power to better our world as it encourages readers to return grace to others.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”