Particular Bible verses to help you (from the book)?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Angie Fernandez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1083
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Re: Particular Bible verses to help you (from the book)?

Post by Angie Fernandez »

My daughter was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. It is hard to watch her struggle with such a debilitating disease, but the Psalms have been an incredible source of comfort and strength to our whole family during this time. A few of my favorites are listed:

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:1-2)

Trusting in our God!
Opeyemi Mustapha
Currently Reading: The Littlest Witness
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-mustapha.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Opeyemi Mustapha »

It's so amazing that the author starts each chapter with a quote and a bible verse. It's like starting everything with God.

Man mission has it all
Kaitlyn Wadsworth
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Chrome Mountain
Currently Reading: Gularian Islands
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-wadsworth.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kaitlyn Wadsworth »

I looked into this topic because I know my Bible and can think of many comforting verses. Now that I've read the comments and verses quoted I want to read this book. I clicked in to investigate if the topic was for comments on a book. Had to make a post as someone genuinely interested.
Love Proverbs 23
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

This is not really a crisis, but one verse in the book of proverbs, which I can't remember, talked about self respect. It said to reduce the frequency I visit people and respect will follow. I applied that and it was right.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

Angie Fernandez wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 11:51 My daughter was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. It is hard to watch her struggle with such a debilitating disease, but the Psalms have been an incredible source of comfort and strength to our whole family during this time. A few of my favorites are listed:

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:1-2)

Trusting in our God!
Those are such beautiful verses. I wish you and your daughter the very best.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:

Post by David Tutor »

Nedim wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 23:06 I think it was nice for the author to have added bike verses in this book. I also love the fact that whenever I want to pray, I talk to God directly and also use some of the Bible verses to remind him of his promises to me.
This is a very good move since the bible assures us that God's words will never go back to him void. He always keeps his promise.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:

Post by David Tutor »

noelhope wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 10:21 Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
It encourages me to keep going no matter what.
This is definitely one of my favorite. Sometimes I get weak and discouraged, but I am reminded that giving up is not an option.
Peculiar Uko
Favorite Book: Slay the Dragon
Currently Reading: Mrs. Lincoln's Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Peculiar Uko »

I love to pray talk to God on my own little way I can, but most of the time I love to read Psalm 1; 34; 91; 122 and 128; Isaiah 43; 52; 54 and 55 those chapters inspired me a lot.
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by 7033255157 »

John 3:16 is a popular verse but is my favorite as it reminds what I feel about love
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

Psalm 71vs21: "For thou shall increase my greatness and comfort me on everyside."

This is one of the major Bible verse that gives me conviction that the promises of God towards me will be fulfilled despite the odds before me.
Saif Qureshi
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saif-qureshi.html
Latest Review: The Afterlife Experience by Bud Megargee

Post by Saif Qureshi »

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs" - 1 Corinthians 13:4- 5

I can't tell you how much I love this verse..
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

My favorite Bible verse is John 3: 16.
Beet
Currently Reading: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Beet »

1. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." - Proverbs 3:5
Simple to understand and straightforward. FTry to follow it always.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by João Ramos »

I love the following verse: “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
Matthew 6:34

This verse encourages us to focus on the present day and not to be consumed by worries about the future. By living in the present moment, we can experience a greater sense of peace and contentment.
Whiney Jones
Favorite Book: The Movie Chair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whiney-jones.html
Latest Review: Riley Youngblood and the Passport to Santalamanchia by B. F. Martindale
2024 Reading Goal: 400
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Whiney Jones »

Psalm 91 is my favorite bible verse
:mrgreen:

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”