Particular Bible verses to help you (from the book)?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Kyokusiima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyokusiima.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Re: Particular Bible verses to help you (from the book)?

Post by Kyokusiima »

Definitely Psalms 23, because when I really fill lost, it is a reminder that God is up there to help me through my challenges.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

Jeremiah 29:11 is my favourite Bible verse

It says "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

Reading the above verse always gives me an assurance that God is not yet done with me. All I have do is to play my part and leave the rest to God
bluecollarreader
Currently Reading: Wool Omnibus Edition
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B09Z9SQCFJ

Post by bluecollarreader »

John 4.14

“but whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst; the water I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Always almost brings me to tears as the amount of love poured into those verses are palpable.
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

My all-time favorite is 1 Corinthians 10:13.
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Queenelene
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Queenelene »

Twylla wrote: 06 May 2020, 12:35 I have always appreciated that Jesus didn't waste time praying elaborate prayers. He saw the need and solved the problem. An example is when he prayed for Lazarus to come out of the grave. He said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out." The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth.

It comforts me to know that I can talk to God the way I would talk to a friend and he will meet me where I am.
This hits deep exactly, my point of view the connection between me and God is discreet and never complicated.
Joseph Babendreier
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Joseph Babendreier »

"Father, may they be one in us, as you are in me and I am in you."

John 17:21
kevi000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kevi000 »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 01 May 2020, 18:50 I particularly connected with the following verse:

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

I find this to be very uplifting; when we are feeling lost in life , it is comforting knowing that we are not alone.
And in what book did you read that Bible verse?

Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 41:10. "Do not fear, for I am with you do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." When I feel overwhelmed or find myself getting anxious, this is always in the back of my mind.
Wanjla Carl
Favorite Author: by Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjla-carl.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz
fav_author_id: 221705

Post by Wanjla Carl »

Ari Martinez wrote: 03 May 2020, 16:13 A verse I really like is this one:
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

A very popular one is also Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
The verse from Philiapians is also very encouraging to get. Whenever I feel down and and discouraged, I just remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Wanjla Carl
Currently Reading:

Post by Wanjla Carl »

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6
I really find this bible verse very motivational.
Wanjla Carl
Currently Reading:

Post by Wanjla Carl »

Kelly Tunstall wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 06:20 One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 41:10. "Do not fear, for I am with you do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." When I feel overwhelmed or find myself getting anxious, this is always in the back of my mind.
This verse is so inspiring and also motivation. Everytime I read it I feel even more confident just knowing that God is with me here to help me and uplift me in whatever i do.
Wanjla Carl
Currently Reading:

Post by Wanjla Carl »

The verse romans 8:35
I appreciate this message and the comfort it can brings. The verse reminds me that no matter what challenges we face in life, we should have faith that God's love is always with us and can provide strength and comfort during difficult times
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

For the Lord is a sun and shield. The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psalm 84:12
Nadinemel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nadinemel »

hlemeric wrote: 01 May 2020, 01:13 I liked how the book provided specific Bible verses to help with whatever crisis/issue was being discussed at the beginning of each chapter. Have any of you found a verse that has helped you during a crisis, or possibly found inspiration from the verses provided to use in your life?
I am brand new to this site and I don’t see the name of the book that you guys are talking about. I would be interested in reading it, but need a title in order to do that.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”