Particular Bible verses to help you (from the book)?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Re: Particular Bible verses to help you?

Post by Dreamer80 »

Being a non-Christian I found the verses very informative and it helped me connect them to my religion. The verses were used very beautifully and in the context of the chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed learning that.
gracedivine
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by gracedivine »

This is another beautiful thing about the book. Many Christians today don't refer to their Bible for solutions anymore. We use our head rather than his Words. The bible has a solution to every challenge as exemplified in this awesome book
Estrellah254
Currently Reading: Vegan for Her: The Woman's Guide to Being Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estrellah254.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Estrellah254 »

The Bible verses and prayers at the end of every section helps the reader to have a stronger connection with God.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Dreamer80 wrote: 12 May 2020, 23:46 Being a non-Christian I found the verses very informative and it helped me connect them to my religion. The verses were used very beautifully and in the context of the chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed learning that.
Wow, that is really beautiful. Glad you enjoy it!! I am curious about what do you think about the book? Did the fact that is Christian inspired book affect your reading or were you curious to read it?
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Michael I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-i.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Michael I »

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."

To me this means simply to do good to others. Be selfless.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

Interesting to discover that the author included scriptural verses at the end of each chapter.
What a strengthening strategy.
Deborah kalu
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

Estrellah254 wrote: 14 May 2020, 01:13 The Bible verses and prayers at the end of every section helps the reader to have a stronger connection with God.
Yes!!thank God you observe this fact.I notice this as well; whenever I was going through this book (grace revealed)I feel something different. I can spend hours studying the book and also going through the bible verses in the book but can't even spend one hour reading other novels.Am very Happy with this experience, before now I hardly read my bible. But now,am getting familiar with my bible for me I think it's a testimony for my spiritual growth.
rjohnston815
Currently Reading: Fix: Sex, Lies & Banking
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjohnston815.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by rjohnston815 »

Great is his faithfulness: his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:23
I like to remind myself that every day is an opportunity to start over. Once I wake up, I remind myself that the blessing began with that first acknowledgement of the new day. I like this quote because of that.
Renee Johnston :techie-studyinggray:
Lover of books and life...
Brooklyn, NY
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

Arimart99 wrote: 03 May 2020, 16:13 A verse I really like is this one:
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

A very popular one is also Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
I like this verse too, especially now that we are undergoing a pandemic crisis, it's like God is reminding us that we should be strong and courageous. This too shall pass.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
blackpinkpurple
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackpinkpurple.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by blackpinkpurple »

I liked all the verses in the book at the end of each chapter. One verse I really connected with and liked is;

Psalm 34:18

The lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

This verse gives me courage to overcome any problem I have knowing that the lord is with me. Whenever I am feeling low or upset, I remember this and it sort of comforts me and helps me get through that.
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Post by daphne_asir »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 01 May 2020, 18:50 I particularly connected with the following verse:

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

I find this to be very uplifting; when we are feeling lost in life , it is comforting knowing that we are not alone.

I love the idea that no matter how broken we are, we aren't judged. But the verse says God is closer to such people. The very idea that an almighty God cares enough about us is a source of great comfort.
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Post by daphne_asir »

See_B00kReaDs wrote: 17 May 2020, 00:31
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

A very popular one is also Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
I like this verse too, especially now that we are undergoing a pandemic crisis, it's like God is reminding us that we should be strong and courageous. This too shall pass.
The end of the verse where God tells us he will never leave us nor forsake is basically what is helping me through this pandemic. He hasn't left us but is with us in the thick of it.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

daphne_asir wrote: 17 May 2020, 17:09
See_B00kReaDs wrote: 17 May 2020, 00:31

The end of the verse where God tells us he will never leave us nor forsake is basically what is helping me through this pandemic. He hasn't left us but is with us in the thick of it.
I love this one too. It is a verse that gave me strength in this and times before. It is timely for all the current world's challenges.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

rjohnston815 wrote: 16 May 2020, 11:21 Great is his faithfulness: his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:23
I like to remind myself that every day is an opportunity to start over. Once I wake up, I remind myself that the blessing began with that first acknowledgement of the new day. I like this quote because of that.
Thank you for sharing. I will "steal" this one for my mornings too. I love the continuation of it too.
"Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,
so great is his unfailing love."
Trezo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Trezo »

I really like the way the writer explains revelations of the Bible that are so had to grasp the meaning. I like Ephesians 2:8_9

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”