I Beg to Differ.

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Astrid H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astrid-h.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Re: I Beg to Differ.

Post by Astrid H »

Magnify3 wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 05:08
Astrid H wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 09:37
djr6090 wrote: 05 May 2020, 09:55 I think it is presumptuous to claim knowledge of what God sees. We can only hope he accepts us with all our faults and shortcomings.
Moreover if Papa God were imperfect would we still love him like he loves us even when WE fail?
I wonder. You have a point. God is perfect yet he loves us in our imperfection. We even fail to love our own brothers yet that is the yardstick to know that we love God.
I wonder how he does itXD
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

God is interested in each individual and cares for each individual. However, it is also up to individuals to work on themselves.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

For God knows the thoughts he thinks towards us. Thoughts of good and not of evil, to give us an expected and glorious end. Faith should be our guide as christainty.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

B Creech wrote: 01 May 2020, 16:06 Yes, God sees us as individuals. However, when He looks at us, He sees Jesus, and that is because Jesus died for our sins, past, present, and those we haven't even committed yet! The blood of Jesus covers us, so when God looks at us, He sees Jesus because we are in Christ and He is in us once we are saved. Jesus is sitting on the right hand of God interceding for us when we pray, so I believe that is what the author might have meant about God seeing Jesus when He looks at us. Another of the great mysteries of the Bible and God!
Nice one, I think I like this.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

When God sees us, He sees perfection in Jesus Christ. He knows of our damnation but the Bible says in 2 corinthians 5:17; Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”