I Beg to Differ.

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: I Beg to Differ.

Post by Foluso Falaye »

I also don't think that sounds right. It sounds like an excuse to be honest. And I have been wondering about grace recently: should I be still be grateful that I received grace when or because my brother is not equally blessed? I hope this book sheds some light that.
gracedivine
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by gracedivine »

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus". (Romans 3:23-24 | NIV)
This verse makes it clear to us that the sacrifice of Christ on the cross ensures that God no longer see us as we are. Rather he sees the perfect Jesus whenever he looks as us. That is of course if you have been saved and redeemed by the Jesus.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

I think God sees us as mere individuals because we still wear the mortal body. Thus making us imperfect and Unworthy.
It is his Grace that enables us stand in his presence.
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

Folushour wrote: 13 May 2020, 09:29 I also don't think that sounds right. It sounds like an excuse to be honest. And I have been wondering about grace recently: should I be still be grateful that I received grace when or because my brother is not equally blessed? I hope this book sheds some light that.
I know that feeling too. I have a brother with schizophrenia and all I can conclude is that God expects compassion and comfort from me to him.
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

I agree with you. I am not presuming to know what the Lord thinks, but if I were to take a guess I would say that God sees the potential of Jesus in each and every one of us. As humans, we have been given the gift of choice and free will so we may do with it what we will. If God saw us definitively as Jesus, there would be no need for his guiding hand and loving grace? Please correct me if I am wrong?
Sunday Austine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sunday Austine »

We cannot continue to live in sin and expect the Lord to see Jesus in us. You must abandon your sinful lifestyle and completely surrender your life to Him, and as well live for His glory then your New life of holiness will reveal Jesus in you.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I think in the context of the book, this may mean that God sees through the perceived imperfections and flaws. Not necessarily that when God looks at us he does not see our individuality, but rather that he sees at the core of us, there is "perfection in Jesus"
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

djr6090 wrote: 05 May 2020, 09:55 I think it is presumptuous to claim knowledge of what God sees. We can only hope he accepts us with all our faults and shortcomings.
I couldn't agree more. To have a belief in God is one thing, and a very good thing I think. But so many narrow sects lay down specific rules about what God is or does or wants us to do; this doesn't help people come together as believers.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Arite Seki wrote: 16 May 2020, 08:24 I think in the context of the book, this may mean that God sees through the perceived imperfections and flaws. Not necessarily that when God looks at us he does not see our individuality, but rather that he sees at the core of us, there is "perfection in Jesus"
You explained this so much better than me. But I think the same.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Folushour wrote: 13 May 2020, 09:29 I also don't think that sounds right. It sounds like an excuse to be honest. And I have been wondering about grace recently: should I be still be grateful that I received grace when or because my brother is not equally blessed? I hope this book sheds some light that.
I hope this book help you too.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Masereka Jehold
Currently Reading: Contagion Domination
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Masereka Jehold »

We are sanctified by grace and justified by our own faith through our actions there here it implies that we must first be aware that Jesus alone takes away the sins only when we believe in him!
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:

Post by Foluso Falaye »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 18 May 2020, 07:47
I hope this book help you too.
Thank you. I'll check it out.
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:

Post by Foluso Falaye »

djr6090 wrote: 15 May 2020, 08:21
That's a wonderful conclusion. I will try to adopt it too.

I know that feeling too. I have a brother with schizophrenia and all I can conclude is that God expects compassion and comfort from me to him.
Ariely 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariely-20.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ariely 20 »

monicamu wrote: 07 May 2020, 23:59 Is this really an appropriate forum for a discussion on religion? I think not.
The book focuses on religion. Its only natural for religious discussions to follow. I read your review and I liked it a lot. It is eye opening didn't quite see the book from your angle
Ariely 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariely-20.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ariely 20 »

We should always be grateful for grace and if your brother is not blessed you should share your grace with him.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”