favorite story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Re: favorite story

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Vicky-kooro wrote: 28 May 2020, 03:26 I think it is actually easier to turn to faith in hardship than it is when all is well. However we should have faith during the good times and the bad times. Jane Never allow her situations to take control of her faith. She remain focus even when the world seems to be over for her.
We definitely turn to God and praying when in need. But here I felt more of her strength to stay in faith despite all that happened to her and her family.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Edwin Amah wrote: 27 May 2020, 15:12 Filled with so many interesting and inspiring stories but I think Jane's story was quite fascinating. I had to read that particular story all over because it spoke a lot to me. For me that was it.
This book is perfect for rereading. And a reader can also go back and read just one story and get the feel what this book is about. I also did it as audio and enjoyed it very much in that format.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Julyet_Chris wrote: 27 May 2020, 10:38 Janes story appeals to me because I’ve found myself in situations that even though I’ve no more strength in me to fight but for the sake of those around me,and despite not being very religious i still turn to God.

Janes story really magnified my faith.
A very wonderful piece.
Glad you persevered and found strength in your faith. To me that is very inspiring.
Chimdi_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdi-3.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Chimdi_3 »

If we dwell in self pity and blame God for every bad thing that happens to us then where will we draw our comfort and strenght from.Jane's story is really encouraging.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

most Christians only remember to seek God's grace when things are not going in the directions we want. but the story of Jane in this book was not like that. in good and troubled times, her faith in God was never shaken and that is the kind of life we Christians are supposed to live. a life of constant hope and trust in God.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Chimdi_3 wrote: 29 May 2020, 15:54 If we dwell in self pity and blame God for every bad thing that happens to us then where will we draw our comfort and strenght from.Jane's story is really encouraging.
Sadly not many are strong like her. Yes, her story is very encouraging.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Kemmy11 wrote: 29 May 2020, 17:26 most Christians only remember to seek God's grace when things are not going in the directions we want. but the story of Jane in this book was not like that. in good and troubled times, her faith in God was never shaken and that is the kind of life we Christians are supposed to live. a life of constant hope and trust in God.
Exactly and that is why her story is so powerful to me. Hope and trust, you said it well.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Sumansona1344 wrote: 27 May 2020, 09:37
AntonelaMaria wrote: 27 May 2020, 08:38
Sumansona1344 wrote: 27 May 2020, 04:06

Yeah, I completely agree with you on this! I did found a lot of answers in these kind of books. 'The Legacy of Job's wife' will make you see her in a different way than usual people do. You will like it so much! It is fiction though.
Thank you so much for your recommendation. Such glowing praise. I do love that when books do it, it is a certain magic. Don't you think? The power of books. I will be reading it. I don't mind if it is fiction.
Yeah, it really is! The books sometimes have such a great impact on me that I start loving them more.
This is great news. And this is great book that can be reread again.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Deborah kalu wrote: 08 May 2020, 16:12
Twylla wrote: 04 May 2020, 15:14 Coss Marte's story was my favorite. I listened to the Ted Talk he gave about his business Conbody. I started doing his Conbody workout, and I am on my way to having the prison body I have always wanted! It was so funny - he said in his Ted Talk that when he got out of prison and he was thinking of starting his fitness studio, he zeroed in on his target market - ladies in yoga pants. That's me! How did he know that ladies in yoga pants would love his workout? I don't know, but at 2:00 every afternoon, I get up and do my prison workout. I don't need equipment and I just need a small area. Coss Marte seems like a good guy! I am so glad he turned his life around and found the Lord!
Yes!! thanks for refreshing my memory on marte's story.God can use anybody to reach out to somebody.congrats😃😃😃
Exactly. I forgot about his story. It seems like a perfect book to read all over again. I wouldn't mind read more books by this author.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

We have very much focused on Jane in this thread but there were many other stories that touched me in this book.
Especially Mary's story about the abuse. Her childhood was filled with so much tragedy and suffering.
It was very powerful her words of giving thanks to the pain and shame because that helped her to see her need for Jesus to set her free.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

There is also Sandra's story. In which she reacted as many would do when faced with illness of a child. Being angry. Asking why is that happening.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Then there is also Bob story and that of his wife who prayed and each and every time she was connected to him and in a way helped him from danger. I can attest to the power of prayer and that story was very relatable too.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Julyet_Chris wrote: 27 May 2020, 10:38 Janes story appeals to me because I’ve found myself in situations that even though I’ve no more strength in me to fight but for the sake of those around me,and despite not being very religious i still turn to God.

Janes story really magnified my faith.
A very wonderful piece.
Eventually we all face trials. These testimonies are a proof of God's presence, his healing and Grace.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The stories in the first chapter, Mary and Teresa, stayed with me. Sexual abuse in childhood twists your worldview of life, love, family, safety, etc. Teresa struggled for over forty years. Being able to forgive someone who has harmed you in such a violent way is a work of God. Mary says, "I used to think joy was impossible for me." I found that to be very powerful. Her whole mindset was changed. Not only did she forgive, she was able to feel joy! Jesus set her free from the cage that had held her.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

Jane's strength is super-admirable. I enjoyed reading her story.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”