favorite story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

favorite story

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Which character or story resonated with you the most?
I found this book owerwhealming to read, especially as I read it in one sitting. I think there are many stories here that were hard to read. I could understand turning to faith in hardships. I liked reading about Jane. I am in awe of her strangth especially after losing so much, her dad, son and then taking care of her mom. The life just kept on punching her with blow after blow. She found solace in her faith. I find that admirable. It would be so easy to blame God for so much heartache.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 01 May 2020, 04:40 Which character or story resonated with you the most?
I found this book owerwhealming to read, especially as I read it in one sitting. I think there are many stories here that were hard to read. I could understand turning to faith in hardships. I liked reading about Jane. I am in awe of her strangth especially after losing so much, her dad, son and then taking care of her mom. The life just kept on punching her with blow after blow. She found solace in her faith. I find that admirable. It would be so easy to blame God for so much heartache.
I think it is actually easier to turn to faith in hardships than it is when all is well. However, we should have faith during the good times and the bad. Jane certainly was pummeled over and over again with trials, but she must have had a strong foundation for her faith. I think the key here is that she found solace in it. That proves to me she has faith when things are good and even when they are bad. Many times we don't think about God until something comes along to upset our lives. It was Jane's faith that helped her get through all she had to face.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Twylla
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: Contagion Domination by William Nisol
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by Twylla »

Coss Marte's story was my favorite. I listened to the Ted Talk he gave about his business Conbody. I started doing his Conbody workout, and I am on my way to having the prison body I have always wanted! It was so funny - he said in his Ted Talk that when he got out of prison and he was thinking of starting his fitness studio, he zeroed in on his target market - ladies in yoga pants. That's me! How did he know that ladies in yoga pants would love his workout? I don't know, but at 2:00 every afternoon, I get up and do my prison workout. I don't need equipment and I just need a small area. Coss Marte seems like a good guy! I am so glad he turned his life around and found the Lord!
Deborah kalu
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

What I so much admire in the book is the work of faith and how to stick to God in good times and in bad times. Many of us only remember God when the going is rough and very bitter, and when it become sweet and Smooth.....oh!! we totally forgot that God exist.I learned so much in the story of JANE she never allow her situations to take control of her faith.She remain focus even when the world seems to be over for her.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

B Creech wrote: 02 May 2020, 14:32
AntonelaMaria wrote: 01 May 2020, 04:40 Which character or story resonated with you the most?
I found this book overwhelming to read, especially as I read it in one sitting. I think there are many stories here that were hard to read. I could understand turning to faith in hardships. I liked reading about Jane. I am in awe of her strength especially after losing so much, her dad, son and then taking care of her mom. The life just kept on punching her with blow after blow. She found solace in her faith. I find that admirable. It would be so easy to blame God for so much heartache.
I think it is actually easier to turn to faith in hardships than it is when all is well. However, we should have faith during the good times and the bad. Jane certainly was pummeled over and over again with trials, but she must have had a strong foundation for her faith. I think the key here is that she found solace in it. That proves to me she has faith when things are good and even when they are bad. Many times we don't think about God until sooverwhelming along to upset our lives. It was Jane's faith that helped her get through all she had to face.
You certainly are right. I honestly admit I too turn too God more often when in need. Her faith was strong to preserver all trials that she had.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Twylla wrote: 04 May 2020, 15:14 Coss Marte's story was my favorite. I listened to the Ted Talk he gave about his business Conbody. I started doing his Conbody workout, and I am on my way to having the prison body I have always wanted! It was so funny - he said in his Ted Talk that when he got out of prison and he was thinking of starting his fitness studio, he zeroed in on his target market - ladies in yoga pants. That's me! How did he know that ladies in yoga pants would love his workout? I don't know, but at 2:00 every afternoon, I get up and do my prison workout. I don't need equipment and I just need a small area. Coss Marte seems like a good guy! I am so glad he turned his life around and found the Lord!
Oh yeah, his story is very inspiring. Glad it helped you that is AMAZING!! Go you!! I love excises where I don't need equipment. Maybe I should check him out too. Thanks for reminding me of his story. I don't think anyone of these people is a bad person. It was just life I guess.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Deborah kalu wrote: 04 May 2020, 17:48 What I so much admire in the book is the work of faith and how to stick to God in good times and in bad times. Many of us only remember God when the going is rough and very bitter, and when it become sweet and Smooth.....oh!! we totally forgot that God exist.I learned so much in the story of JANE she never allow her situations to take control of her faith.She remain focus even when the world seems to be over for her.
I agree. I think I related to the Franks story a lot. Because of his struggles with anxiety. I think listening to his story I could understand my situation better. At the end of it all I do believe that nothing is impossible when comes to God.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 06 May 2020, 07:06
B Creech wrote: 02 May 2020, 14:32
I found this book overwhelming to read, especially as I read it in one sitting. I think there are many stories here that were hard to read. I could understand turning to faith in hardships. I liked reading about Jane. I am in awe of her strength especially after losing so much, her dad, son and then taking care of her mom. The life just kept on punching her with blow after blow. She found solace in her faith. I find that admirable. It would be so easy to blame God for so much heartache.
I think it is actually easier to turn to faith in hardships than it is when all is well. However, we should have faith during the good times and the bad. Jane certainly was pummeled over and over again with trials, but she must have had a strong foundation for her faith. I think the key here is that she found solace in it. That proves to me she has faith when things are good and even when they are bad. Many times we don't think about God until sooverwhelming along to upset our lives. It was Jane's faith that helped her get through all she had to face.
You certainly are right. I honestly admit I too turn too God more often when in need. Her faith was strong to preserver all trials that she had.
I do that too, but I'm working on it!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Deborah kalu

Post by Deborah kalu »

Twylla wrote: 04 May 2020, 15:14 Coss Marte's story was my favorite. I listened to the Ted Talk he gave about his business Conbody. I started doing his Conbody workout, and I am on my way to having the prison body I have always wanted! It was so funny - he said in his Ted Talk that when he got out of prison and he was thinking of starting his fitness studio, he zeroed in on his target market - ladies in yoga pants. That's me! How did he know that ladies in yoga pants would love his workout? I don't know, but at 2:00 every afternoon, I get up and do my prison workout. I don't need equipment and I just need a small area. Coss Marte seems like a good guy! I am so glad he turned his life around and found the Lord!
Yes!! thanks for refreshing my memory on marte's story.God can use anybody to reach out to somebody.congrats😃😃😃
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

Jane's story kind of reminded me of Job's story in the bible. He lost everything but not his faith and in the end he was rewarded for his faith, just as it was with Jane.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Jajachris wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:18 Jane's story kind of reminded me of Job's story in the bible. He lost everything but not his faith and in the end he was rewarded for his faith, just as it was with Jane.
Great point. Thanks for reminding me of Job's story.
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Post by Dreamer80 »

In all honesty, I'd have agree with you. Jane's story Literally broke my heart yet inspired me to the bones. I was in awe of her and I learned so much from it.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

Jane's story carried so much Message.
I'm glad she pulled through it
Deborah kalu

Post by Deborah kalu »

Nujudee wrote: 14 May 2020, 18:03 Jane's story carried so much Message.
I'm glad she pulled through it
Yes,she is indeed an example of a good Christian. She never allow her circumstances to control her faith,which most Christians do.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

Jajachris wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:18 Jane's story kind of reminded me of Job's story in the bible. He lost everything but not his faith and in the end he was rewarded for his faith, just as it was with Jane.
Same! Moreover, my previous read was "The Legacy of Job's wife". I could relate these stories and both of them gave me the strength to have faith even in impossible situations. I am not a Christian but these books make me wonder more about christianity and its perspectives.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”