Three phases of a Life of a Christian

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Re: Three phases of a Life of a Christian

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I agree with the author on this but I think that it’s a never ending cycle.
As a Christian or even as a human being you must face many crisis. Sometimes they seem never ending. Sometimes another crisis immediately follows just after resolving the former one. Then you have have to relearn faith, joy and kindness because sometimes crisis can rob us of our happiness and goodness.
The author’s “three steps” are things that continuously happen in life.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Nelson Chocha wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 09:34 All the outlined phases occurs quite often in day to day life expectancy. In my own awareness, Receiving Grace is every achievement and giving grace is sharing your enjoyment. As for Crisis, it is Crisis.

In additional to answer your questions"Have you ever done it"? and "is it practical"?. My answer to both questions is YES.
Every achievement is having grace, and helping others to achieve things is sharing grace
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

Christieee wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 17:18 I agree with the author on this but I think that it’s a never ending cycle.
As a Christian or even as a human being you must face many crisis. Sometimes they seem never ending. Sometimes another crisis immediately follows just after resolving the former one. Then you have have to relearn faith, joy and kindness because sometimes crisis can rob us of our happiness and goodness.
The author’s “three steps” are things that continuously happen in life.
It is a never ending cycle and that is called 'life'

- Bill Gates -

Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

I do believe that most people go through the first two, even the non-religious ones. Some people might not understand that they have been bestowed grace. Some people come back from tough situations and it's amazing how one might not attribute that to divine intervention. Returning grace mostly comes when you have utterly believed in the grace bestowed upon you and you are much grateful for it. If one believes that they deserved the grace anyway they might not be attuned to returning it.
Sushan Ekanayake

Sally_Heart wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 04:22 I do believe that most people go through the first two, even the non-religious ones. Some people might not understand that they have been bestowed grace. Some people come back from tough situations and it's amazing how one might not attribute that to divine intervention. Returning grace mostly comes when you have utterly believed in the grace bestowed upon you and you are much grateful for it. If one believes that they deserved the grace anyway they might not be attuned to returning it.
Ofcourse. The first two phases might happen spontaneously, but for the third phase you have to put some effort

- Bill Gates -

Teddyquam
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddyquam.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Teddyquam »

I agree. Although some of us may have been born into the religion, most times you only truly appreciate the Grace of God when your faith has been tested.
Do you ever feel like you spend too much time reading? Yeah. Me neither. :lol:
:reading-4:
Teddyquam
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddyquam.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Teddyquam »

Sally_Heart wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 04:22 I do believe that most people go through the first two, even the non-religious ones. Some people might not understand that they have been bestowed grace. Some people come back from tough situations and it's amazing how one might not attribute that to divine intervention. Returning grace mostly comes when you have utterly believed in the grace bestowed upon you and you are much grateful for it. If one believes that they deserved the grace anyway they might not be attuned to returning it.
I agree that even people who aren't religious go through the stages. As for returning grace, I think that our propensity to do that depends on a person to person basis. Even if you believe that you have not received grace from a divine intervention, a person can still share that grace. Its something precious about the human condition.
Do you ever feel like you spend too much time reading? Yeah. Me neither. :lol:
:reading-4:
Sushan Ekanayake

Teddyquam wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 10:28 I agree. Although some of us may have been born into the religion, most times you only truly appreciate the Grace of God when your faith has been tested.
Yes, many of us are born with a religion, but we become truly religious when we are in trouble

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

Teddyquam wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 10:33
I agree that even people who aren't religious go through the stages. As for returning grace, I think that our propensity to do that depends on a person to person basis. Even if you believe that you have not received grace from a divine intervention, a person can still share that grace. Its something precious about the human condition.
Anyone can believe that he/she got through his/her crisis all alone. But that doesn't make any hindrance to help others to get through thier problems

- Bill Gates -

Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

I am not a Christian but i know one thing that you have to face crisis when you take the path of God and if you keep on going, you are rewarded by God and then it's time to share what God has granted you.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

I think this is an interesting way to look at life. I don't necessarily believe that this is how all Christians' lives are meant to go, as I know people who have helped others without experiencing a crisis personally.
Sushan Ekanayake

Aniza Butt wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 03:46 I am not a Christian but i know one thing that you have to face crisis when you take the path of God and if you keep on going, you are rewarded by God and then it's time to share what God has granted you.
Choosing the correct pathway always comes with challenges. Yet, if you remain in your chosen pathway, you will be given the strength to outcome your challenges, and then you have to help the others as well

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

Juliana_Isabella wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 18:24 I think this is an interesting way to look at life. I don't necessarily believe that this is how all Christians' lives are meant to go, as I know people who have helped others without experiencing a crisis personally.
Anyone can have a kind heart so that they can help others for no gain, expecting nothing

- Bill Gates -

yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

Well, as a Christian, it is one of our purpose to spread the grace and love that we have been blessed with by our Creator. When I question why I exist, this is simply my answer. To be able to share to other people of God's unconditional love for us.
Sushan Ekanayake

yapashley wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 08:38 Well, as a Christian, it is one of our purpose to spread the grace and love that we have been blessed with by our Creator. When I question why I exist, this is simply my answer. To be able to share to other people of God's unconditional love for us.
The purpose of life is to live happily and make others happy as well

- Bill Gates -

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”