Lesson learned

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Lesson learned

Post by book_fanatic_ »

What's the one thing this book taught you; what's the lesson that you'll never forget after reading it?
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

I've learned that by realizing and understanding the purpose of God's Grace, one can be able to endure and overcome any crisis that may come in his/her way.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Deborah kalu
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

This book taught me how to confront my situations using God words. And I will never forget that God loves us just as he love his only begotten son Jesus Christ.
Deborah kalu

Post by Deborah kalu »

I also learned that Satan will tempt us through life challenges.but,if we can hold on to our faith in Jesus we will surely have victory at last.
Deborah kalu

Post by Deborah kalu »

Stick to God in good times and in bad times he will never ever disappoint you. This is my week point.I must admit, I only remember God in bad times as most of us do.
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

Nerea wrote: 15 May 2020, 13:51 I've learned that by realizing and understanding the purpose of God's Grace, one can be able to endure and overcome any crisis that may come in his/her way.
Let's admit people fails, we tend to focus too much on our sufferings that we neglect to see that God's grace is upon us as He helps us in times of trouble. Yes, God is always with us, and by His grace, we can overcome every obstacle coming our way.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
blackpinkpurple
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackpinkpurple.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by blackpinkpurple »

The lesson I learned is we are all god’s children. We are always in lord’s grace. The lord is always with us. He is there for us no matter what; he will guide us in our moments of happiness and grief. We can endure and overcome all our problems if we just believed in the lord. There will be problems in life but the lord will help us overcome it; so don’t pray that there be no obstacles in life, have faith in the lord and ask for strength and support to power through the obstacles present in life.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

See_B00kReaDs wrote: 17 May 2020, 00:27
Nerea wrote: 15 May 2020, 13:51 I've learned that by realizing and understanding the purpose of God's Grace, one can be able to endure and overcome any crisis that may come in his/her way.
Let's admit people fails, we tend to focus too much on our sufferings that we neglect to see that God's grace is upon us as He helps us in times of trouble. Yes, God is always with us, and by His grace, we can overcome every obstacle coming our way.
Can't agree enough. :tiphat:
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Pstodumeje
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pstodumeje.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Pstodumeje »

I learned that we should not see the past as a liability, instead, we should see it as a stepping stone by God. Gods has a reason for everything. It's a big lesson to all of us. We shouldn't settle for the past. We must move up to greater things and give glory to God. We should also try to encourage each other.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

blackpinkpurple wrote: 17 May 2020, 03:20 The lesson I learned is we are all god’s children. We are always in lord’s grace. The lord is always with us. He is there for us no matter what; he will guide us in our moments of happiness and grief. We can endure and overcome all our problems if we just believed in the lord. There will be problems in life but the lord will help us overcome it; so don’t pray that there be no obstacles in life, have faith in the lord and ask for strength and support to power through the obstacles present in life.
"so don’t pray that there be no obstacles in life, have faith in the lord and ask for strength and support to power through the obstacles present in life." this is so very well put into words.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

100% agree and I hope every reader will take this with them after finishing reading this book.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

book_fanatic_ wrote: 15 May 2020, 10:31 What's the one thing this book taught you; what's the lesson that you'll never forget after reading it?
I "loved" reading about all these other people's experiences, and learning of their perseverance and God's grace. We are often boxed in our own problems and world that we need to reminded of other sufferings too or even more than us. And that there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel, as they say. Nothing is impossible to Lord. Don't lose faith and stay strong.
This book is filled with hope, and I wouldn't call it a lesson more a reminder.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

What I learned from this book is I should always be about my Father's business, helping others in any way I can. I already knew this, but the book made me think about it again!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Amy Murdoch Coleman
Favorite Book: Circe
Currently Reading: Hannah's War
Bookshelf Size: 6988
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-murdoch-coleman.html
Latest Review: Caretaker by George Farrell

Post by Amy Murdoch Coleman »

I don't know that I learned anything new, but I can definitely agree that this book is excellent for comforting and inspiring both Christians and those who might not have committed to the faith yet.
Reubeney
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reubeney.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by Reubeney »

It just strengthened my belief that in every difficulty, God's grace still follows and abides with me amidst the dark moments.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”