Lesson learned

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Adedayo+23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adedayo-23.html
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin

Re: Lesson learned

Post by Adedayo+23 »

Nerea wrote: 15 May 2020, 13:51 I've learned that by realizing and understanding the purpose of God's Grace, one can be able to endure and overcome any crisis that may come in his/her way.
This is certainly something to strive for - realizing and understanding the purpose of God's Grace - in other for one to have a life filled with enduring peace of mind. Well said.
"Destiny struggles to reassert the pattern that was meant to be." ~ Lightning by Dean Koontz :tiphat:
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin
M Deedee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-deedee.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by M Deedee »

That one thing for me is to give out the grace that I have also received. I am learning to be stronger on the knowledge of things that I have know before.
Don't say it's Impossible if you haven't given it a try.
Deedee
MorganKnightOfficial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganknightofficial.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by MorganKnightOfficial »

I believe that the book's lesson is simple: the same lesson that God wants all of us to learn. This lesson is that He loves us. He loved us before, during and after birth, and will love us forever after we die. The same concept of Him engraving our names into the palm of His hand applies here: we may forget that He loves us, but He never does.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I basically mastered the art of prayer; seeking God at all times. I learnt that seeking Him is not in forming a habit of reciting few memorised lines in the Bible, but in building a solid relationship with Him, one which is not influenced by the challenges that we encounter in our lives.
Bet on Me! :idea:
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

MorganKnightOfficial wrote: 23 May 2020, 06:47 I believe that the book's lesson is simple: the same lesson that God wants all of us to learn. This lesson is that He loves us. He loved us before, during and after birth, and will love us forever after we die. The same concept of Him engraving our names into the palm of His hand applies here: we may forget that He loves us, but He never does.
I believe that too. Maybe this book is just a good reminder as we often forget about it.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 23 May 2020, 07:04 I basically mastered the art of prayer; seeking God at all times. I learnt that seeking Him is not in forming a habit of reciting few memorised lines in the Bible, but in building a solid relationship with Him, one which is not influenced by the challenges that we encounter in our lives.
That is certainly something to strive to. Especially, "building a solid relationship with Him, one which is not influenced by the challenges that we encounter in our lives." which is not an easy feat. So good for you. I wish to achieve that too.
Lawrence Chitu Msopa
Favorite Author: Mitchel Street
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-chitu-msopa.html
Latest Review: Restore Trust by Werner NEFF
fav_author_id: 2357

Post by Lawrence Chitu Msopa »

The book taught me that the God's grace is sufficient in all circumstances. I have also realised that to serve God is to love one another; this is revealed by turning grace to others...
Adeniyi+samson-
Favorite Book: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeniyi-samson.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Adeniyi+samson- »

Rising for the salvation of others should be business as the son of God. It's great to know once more through this novel to always have the mindset of helping others.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I have not read this book yet, but after reading all these posts I think I’ll have to get this book very soon. Seems like you get to learn a lot with this.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 24 May 2020, 09:49 I have not read this book yet, but after reading all these posts I think I’ll have to get this book very soon. Seems like you get to learn a lot with this.
I hope you enjoy it. My advice is to pace yourself with it and not to read it in one sitting. It can be quite overwhelming and it has many emotional topics so take your time.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

Nerea wrote: 15 May 2020, 13:51 I've learned that by realizing and understanding the purpose of God's Grace, one can be able to endure and overcome any crisis that may come in his/her way.
I really like this. I think we all face challenges in life that seem to be more than any one person can possibly handle, but when we realise that we aren't alone during a crisis, it becomes easier to have faith.
brown_gal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by brown_gal »

I have learned to place my complete trust in God. I believe that he never gives me bigger problems than my ability to handle them. And he is also there for me to lead me in the right direction.
Faithful Oso
Currently Reading: Provoked To Anger

Post by Faithful Oso »

This book made me understand that God never gives up on us, no matter how we push him away, knowingly or unknowingly, his grace and undying love is ever sufficient. Such a comforting book to read.
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

The book really affirms that, God's grace really is sufficient. Whatever one is going through, His grace will see them through.
Faithful Oso
Currently Reading: Provoked To Anger

Post by Faithful Oso »

This book made me understand that God's grace is always available and sufficient for all. Just talk to him.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”