Grace Revealed vs The Shack

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
morijin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morijin.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: Grace Revealed vs The Shack

Post by morijin »

I don't know why would we even compare them? Both seem very subjective to the reader. It a;ll depends on the reader's perspective. It is how you perceive them. I like the diverse topics in this book. For me personally The Shak was more about grief and closure and God's existence...whereas here we have much more situation to identity with. Nevertheless, I would recommend both.
TCG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tcg.html
Latest Review: The Jewels Of The Rainbow by H.F. Snyder

Post by TCG »

Why should I choose to read one when I can read the both? The two books are similar and relevant to the same situation.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I do think that the themes are related, I loved The Shack and how it talks about grief and dealing with it. But I agree that Grace Revealed is better suited for crisis. I think it is up for the interpretation of each reader but both are great! Would definitely recommend either of them.
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

The theme is similar in both books and i think it how you see it is based on the perspective of the reader and/or your up bringing/mood when you read them.
Haywhyre7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haywhyre7.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Haywhyre7 »

I haven't read the shack but someone who has read both books mentioned it to me too.. I would really like to read that too
simplybyjenn
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplybyjenn.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by simplybyjenn »

I think both books have their own merits and both have great themes that are good for different situations. This book I think has many differnet stories that can be reread as stondalone stories and is more for in times of crisis. The Shack though is good when you need a reminder to find your way back to the faith.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I have never read The Shack. I did watch the movie. I would think that is a personal story and this has many different stories in it.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

Faithful Oso wrote: 24 May 2020, 19:49 The Theme Grace, applies in both books.. It just depends on the reader's point or view or the perspective in which the reader reads the books.
I think so too.
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

The strength of 'The Shack' plot lies in the fact that more issues are raised concerning the search for God and so it provides much more information in that regards. However, the limitations of being unable to reasonate with a whole lot more of people is pushed away, as 'Grace Revealed' short stories addresses multiple issues that cut across different gender and age groups; though it may not provide as much in depth perspective on its topical issues, it is still one I would love to be with when facing life challenges head on

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”