Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the June 2020 Book of the month, Killing Abel, by Michael Tieman

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Nelson Chocha
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: G.A.S. & Dementia
Currently Reading: ABM is B2B
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-chocha.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Chocha »

The Bible is a collection of sacred texts or scriptures. Varying parts of the Bible are considered to be a product of divine inspiration and a record of the relationship between God and humans by Christians, Jews, Samaritans, and Rastafari.

The plots in Killing Abel has not changed a single context in the words of the Bible, but the author's imagination fills in the gaps which led to difficult acknowledgement to some of the readers of the Bible. I really think this is the book is amazing, that is why I will rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I haven't started reading this book yet, but it sounds very intriguing! I can't wait to see where the author's imagination takes him through the Bible stories! I am trying to get a copy, Amazon was out!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

B Creech wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 11:26 I haven't started reading this book yet, but it sounds very intriguing! I can't wait to see where the author's imagination takes him through the Bible stories! I am trying to get a copy, Amazon was out!
I had a hard time getting the book, couldn't get it from Amazon, but you can download it in a special format under today's BOTD link, and there is information available on how to get the book in the folder you're usually reading from (phone, Kindle...).
Zoe Luh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoe-luh.html
Latest Review: Moon Magic by Charli Elizabeth

Post by Zoe Luh »

Leen282 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 15:05
B Creech wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 11:26 I haven't started reading this book yet, but it sounds very intriguing! I can't wait to see where the author's imagination takes him through the Bible stories! I am trying to get a copy, Amazon was out!
I had a hard time getting the book, couldn't get it from Amazon, but you can download it in a special format under today's BOTD link, and there is information available on how to get the book in the folder you're usually reading from (phone, Kindle...).
Thank you for this tip! I was having trouble getting the book also, but now I can start. It sounds intriguing, especially because I'm non religious
Officialboluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialboluwatife.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by Officialboluwatife »

I will like to rate the book well. This is because I love learning new things and gathering knowledge. I won't recommend this book to non-religious people because it can give them another perspective or what Christianity really is.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

The fact that the author was able to fill in the gaps using the human imagination was relieving in a way. I feel that the Bible does leave out the "nitty-gritty" if you will. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I also had a really hard time downloading the book! Anyways, I think the author provides an interesting perspective regarding the Bible. I like how he uses his creativity to fill in the blanks during undocumented periods. I am not an overly religious person, but this book won me over in creativity. I rate it 4 out of 4!
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Thanks, I have it now!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
jhunt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhunt.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by jhunt »

I am waiting on my copy! I have heard really good things and the comments on this thread also peak my interest. Will update after I read!
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Post by daphne_asir »

This sounds like a very interesting read. I usually enjoy books that are based on the Bible. Can't wait to see what the author does with this!
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

For the fact that the book is well written and is relatable to our everyday lives, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Giving it 4 stars doesn't mean that Killing Abel is perfect, No, there are things that I don't like.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I have not read this book yet, but the reviews seem pretty good. I am waiting to get a copy of this book.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

Everyone Christian is conversant with this Bible story but adding personal views to is a suspense-trigger which I really enjoyed! I like that the most about this book. It receives a 4 out of 4 stars from me.
Anindita Roy
Currently Reading: The God of Small Things
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Anindita Roy »

"Killing Abel" is an intriguing and valuable book.The author has been successfully able to satisfy the reader's curiosity regarding the Biblical events.The "fall of Man" has been a controversial subject of universal interest. The author skillfully makes use of the Biblical tales to embellish and illustrate his own perspective. The thing I like most about this book is that the characters are relatable and mundane enough so that readers can understand their motivations, empathize with their reactions and experiences. However, the fact that the reader used some his imagination in fabricating the Biblical events and illustrated his own perspective might not be acceptable for some Christian and Bible readers. The book review convinced me to read it and I would recommend this book to other readers.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”