Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Nicholas Christian
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-christian.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman

Post by Nicholas Christian »

Killing Abel is an exceptionally well-done attempt to expound on the classical Bible story. I admire how this author used his creativity to fill in the gaps in the original narrative and weave a gripping tale with the loose ends in the Bible story. The mystery of evil, why Cain hated Abel so much and chose to kill him even though they were blood brothers, has been well elucidated. The characters are also relatable and quite lifelike. Christians believe that the Bible is word of God and hence is immutable. Therefore, the author's addition of details furnished from his imagination to the original tale may not sit tight well with some readers, and with good reason too. I loved it, though, and I would definitely recommend it to others.
ews2406+9497
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ews2406-9497.html
Latest Review: Effective Thinking by William Taddit
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ews2406+9497 »

Leen282 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 15:05
B Creech wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 11:26 I haven't started reading this book yet, but it sounds very intriguing! I can't wait to see where the author's imagination takes him through the Bible stories! I am trying to get a copy, Amazon was out!
I had a hard time getting the book, couldn't get it from Amazon, but you can download it in a special format under today's BOTD link, and there is information available on how to get the book in the folder you're usually reading from (phone, Kindle...).
Finally, I can now download this book, thank you so much, looking forward to reading it, sounds interesting.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I think this book deserves the maximum rating! Above all, I liked how the author was able to fuse stories from the Bible with fiction for this title. I found this to be very intriguing.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

This book has an intriguing plot. It kept my interest even though I'm usually not big on books of this genre. I like that the author used his own thoughts in writing this book.
Mac :techie-reference:
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Yes, I wil recommend this book especially for Christians. This book will be an opener and also an added knowledge to what we used to know before. The author indeed did a good job, and it will be fair to give it 4 out of 4 stars.
Adebi
Currently Reading: Of Flame and Light (Weird Girls, #7)
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adebi.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Adebi »

I love the fact the book fills in some of the things that the bible leaves out so I really enjoyed it so a 4 out of four
Alisha_0209
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisha-0209.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Alisha_0209 »

I have read this book and it was really amazing how the author could so easily fill in without changing the plot as in the bible! The initiation of the story by Eve committing a mistake, judgment by God, and thereafter the circumstantial hardness they had to undergo together are all very well tied on a string. Still, I will give it 3 out of 4, because for most of the parts I didn't like how the female protagonist had to depend on the male for everything.
Rize_99
Currently Reading: We Are the Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rize-99.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Rize_99 »

The book touches upon various perspectives. I thoroughly enjoyed this suspense and thriller filled novel.
Chivdi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chivdi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chivdi »

Am yet to read the book. But it has an interesting title. I would really love to read it. Thanks for highlighting it.
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

King Abel is beautiful retelling of the Bible story. As someone who grew up on such stories, its really nice being able to read and appreciate the lessons taught in these stories. The author does a wonderful job of retelling and filling the blanks in our imaginations that weren't covered in the original story.
Kaivalya Khisti
Currently Reading: The Hand Bringer
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaivalya-khisti.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Kaivalya Khisti »

I would not particularly recommend this book to people who are not religious or subscribe to other faiths than Christianity. To completely understand the book, I think basic knowledge and acceptance is required.
pablo10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo10.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by pablo10 »

I think the author does a great job of portraying the likes of Cain and Abel without changing the context of the story. What impressed me most was that it's written in a way that even people not familiar with the Bible can still enjoy the story, and learn some valuable lessons.
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

Developing an already known story is tough in my opinion because you have to work within the space already created by the original work or story. But making characters who we don't get to see much of their thoughts and personal life in the original story they appeared in, and creating them, giving them more depth, in a way to make them come alive is truly wonderful.
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

i just had a chance to read a chapter of this book.it is a great book.but i will end there because i am not patient with religious books. i give. the author a 4 stars rating as he has managed to connect with the bible stories which is just perfect
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I was recently recommended Killing Abel by Michael Tieman by a family member. It was a pretty enjoyable read. I liked that there was religion in it. But to be honest, the text did get a little tedious at a few parts of the book. I give the rating 3 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”