God the Father

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Re: God the Father

Post by Chickenwings00 »

God is a supernatural being who Exit alone by himself. He is merciful and slow to anger. In my opinion relating to killing Abel, I think God Gave man free will and choice to decided what ever he wants, good or bad.
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

The Bible reveals how loving the Almighty God is from start to end. This book fictitiously tends to reflect on the Bible on how God loves and cares for His children. That said, it might be difficult for non-religious people to relate to this.
tafta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tafta.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by tafta »

Humans in my opinion have room to be who they choose to be. I do not believe God has limited humanity in any way which is why people have moved on to make all kinds of choices that God would never have made for them. I think it is these choices that people make that then limit God.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

The viewpoint of the author about the fatherhood of God is very limited. This clearly showed in his description of God as being limited in his dealing with his children.
Grace Macharia
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-macharia.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Grace Macharia »

I don't think God is limited but rather a gentleman. He wouldn't force His will on us same way we wouldn't force ours on Him. I do believe that when it comes to our relationship with God, it all boils down to obedience on our part towards Him and love on His part towards us. He loves us too much to allow our will on ourselves which would ultimately harm us, and we should obey Him when He says something is not good for us. He knows best after all. The question of being limited however, seems a bit overstretched to me. God is not limited because He is God and we are not limited because we have free will. We could chose to do whatever we want without consideration for God's will for us. He might also lead us to do what is in His will in moments when we may not know what to do.
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

God is not limited. It is man that has a limited view of God.
Chikom
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikom.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chikom »

Officialboluwatife wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 16:08 I wouldn't say. This book touches the fundamentals of the Christian religion in relation to other fiction. This fiction can be misleading to non-religious people who won't be able to define where the fiction lies.
This is so true!
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

B Creech wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 18:18
Officialboluwatife wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 16:08 I wouldn't say. This book touches the fundamentals of the Christian religion in relation to other fiction. This fiction can be misleading to non-religious people who won't be able to define where the fiction lies.
I agree with you 100%!
I totally agree with you.
Imstaci-1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imstaci-1.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Imstaci-1 »

AmyMarie2171 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 16:37 It sounds like very uncommon theology. Much of the foundation of Christianity rests on the building block of God being an omnipotent, omniscient Creator. The interpretation that I would glean from this statement that still fits widely accepted Christian theology would be that God is limited only in the knowledge that he has given His children free will. He CAN step in, but He doesn't always because people are free to make their own choices. It is a controversial statement to connect to a book that hinges on religion.
I share this sentiment. We were given freewill. We make our own choices and know wrong from right. I do not think God has limitations either. He says, "Ask and it shall be given to you". We can choose to ask God for anything. He will provide us with answers that He sees are perfect for us.
snowbear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowbear.html
Latest Review: What am I by stephen Thiele

Post by snowbear »

I think it just goes to show the very tightknit and close relationship that God the father has with His children and vice versa. Although his children have free will, they ultimately exist for God the Father, and God the Father's actions, in a way are also for the benefit of his children.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

God gave us free will . God allowed us to be able to choose what we want to do and do it.
So, each time we make a choice, it is God's will that we are able to make that choice.
God is not limited in anyway .
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

This is a somewhat vague and ambiguous proposition. From what I understand, after reading the book, I feel that this statement is true. Both the decisions of Adam and Eve as well as that of God are influenced by each other. For example, if Adam and Eve had listened to God's heedings, and stayed away from the Tree of Knowledge, he wouldn't have had to banish and curse them.
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Nelson Chocha wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 12:04 Killing Abel is a fictional description of a loving Father and His children founded on what little is disclosed in the Bible, in the book of Genesis.

What is your opinion on the context of this book in relation to the description of God, "God the Father is limited by His children's actions and His Children are limited by His actions as well"?.
I actually liked the idea because it makes so much sense. We all have free will to choose the kind of life we want. And even though God wants us to choose him, He's not going to force us to make that choice, which in a sense is limiting to Him. My two cents.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

This book showed God in a different light which is not true,as I don't think God is limited by his children's actions. He just chooses not to intervene.
Ola_Elise
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ola-elise.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ola_Elise »

book_fanatic_ wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 03:07
AmyMarie2171 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 16:37 It sounds like very uncommon theology. Much of the foundation of Christianity rests on the building block of God being an omnipotent, omniscient Creator. The interpretation that I would glean from this statement that still fits widely accepted Christian theology would be that God is limited only in the knowledge that he has given His children free will. He CAN step in, but He doesn't always because people are free to make their own choices. It is a controversial statement to connect to a book that hinges on religion.
Yes, God can do and undo everything, but because of His love for his children, He has given us the freedom to do whatever we desire. It's just that doing anything you want doesn't rule out the possibility of negative or positive consequences.
Books are a unique form of accessible magic. Reading is required for those who wish to rise above the mundane. If you dislike reading, it's most likely because you haven't found the right book.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”