Did Nephilim Really Help Noah with Building the Ark before the Flood?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Re: Did Nephilim Really Help Noah with Building the Ark before the Flood?

Post by Menace Crypto »

I'm sure it's just the author's inclusion, I've never read or heard of Nephilim building the ark for Noah in the Bible
Alya17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 611
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alya17.html
Latest Review: Rebecca's Adventure by Diana Johnson Narod

Post by Alya17 »

The idea of Nephilim helping to build the ark is certainly interesting. I haven't come across anything in the Bible to suggest that this happened, and, if anything, the Nephilim were against God. I think in this case, the author was trying to explain how Noah, on his own, built the Ark.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

In my own opinion, Nephilim is a fictional character used by the author to fulfill his fictional book. It is Biblical that Noah built the ark in order to save the people from drowning in the upcoming floods. It is not illustrated of any specific characters that helped him accomplish his mission.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

This was a very interesting take on the creation of the ark story. I never saw this coming while reading the book, but I'm assuming it's the author's way to explain how the big timber framework and joinery were achieved in those days. Maybe Noah even payed them for their labour while they mocked his efforts.
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Ogbara »

That was also part of the author's fictional additives.
Samana95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samana95.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Samana95 »

Nephilims are the offsprings of humans and angels. They didn't help Noah with the ark. They were giants that harassed the people at that time.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Cynthia_Oluchi wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 02:27 We already know the author wrote so many things from his opinion—this is just one of them.
Exactly!
Book is supposed to be fictional. So, this is probably ome of the fictitious parts.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Liefvirannebelle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liefvirannebelle.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Liefvirannebelle »

It makes sense to use giants but if they mixed with people im unsure. It said that when we couldnt feed them they are people so I don't see this union transpiring
tieman55
Favorite Author: Michael Tieman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 167631

Post by tieman55 »

Yes, but most Christians may be offended by this perception or imagination
[/quote]

I agree, many Christians may be offended. My question is why are these same Christians not offended by pastors, preachers, teachers, and commentaries that often stray form the Bible's text?

There are how many Christian denominations? 100s ? Everyone was started because someone started teaching as authoritative something other than what the Bible clearly says.

The difference between a work of fiction and those above that comment on the Word of God is that, I clearly state that this is a work of fiction. My work should not offended anyone, they should be offended by those commentators that state that their conclusion are absolutely correct. I never would do that.

I have read hundreds perhaps thousands of commentaries professing to me just what the word of God means, and truthfully they are almost always wrong.

After living now 66 years, I have come to believe that while reading everything you can is wise... that my way, of proposing answers to the Bible's mysteries in prose, is a far better way to get context for your life than you will ever achieve by reading the countless commentaries that exist, commentaries that pretend to be authoritative.

Offending people shouldn't be purposeful, but it often leads to very good outcomes, as the scripture tells us Jesus offended many!
Kathryn Collins
Favorite Author: Mark Leon Collins
Currently Reading: Inquirer's Bible
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-collins.html
Latest Review: Poems About Things That Mattered Most by Bob Dowell
fav_author_id: 196676

Post by Kathryn Collins »

bookreviewmi1111 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 17:39 As I know, Noah built his ark to save his family and other animals from the Flood. This is actually mentioned in the Bible. But I have not heard about Nephilim helping something with it.

So, what do you think about Nephilim in this book? Did Nephilim actually do that in the Bible, or is this just the author's opinion?
Since the Nephilim were evil in the sight of God, and Noah was righteous in the sight of God, I see no reason that they would even desire to help build the ark for the rescue of Noah's family.
Personally, I believe that part of the reason for the flood was that the DNA of people on earth were "infected" by Nephilim since the bible reads "Noah was perfect in his generations". I definitely do not think the Nephilim helped to build the ark.
Dramani Daniel
Favorite Book: Twisted But True
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dramani-daniel.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Dramani Daniel »

The story of the flood and Noah's Ark as I came to understand is with the opinion that one of the friends of Noah who even helped him in one or the other, to build the ark was at last shut off from entering the ark when the rains started.
Angie Lola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-lola.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Angie Lola »

I think this is the author's attempt on including the fictional part of the book
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

bookreviewmi1111 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 17:39 As I know, Noah built his ark to save his family and other animals from the Flood. This is actually mentioned in the Bible. But I have not heard about Nephilim helping something with it.

So, what do you think about Nephilim in this book? Did Nephilim actually do that in the Bible, or is this just the author's opinion?
The Bible doesn't mention that the Nephilim helped Noah to build the ark. I think that was just the author using his poetic license.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

That was the author's opinion. The author took advantage of the features he gave to the Nephilim to make them useful (and relevant) in the story.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

It was purely the author's opinion as the Bible made no mention of that.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”