Is there misogyny in the book?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Mimi JJ1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-jj1.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: Is there misogyny in the book?

Post by Mimi JJ1 »

The author did a great job
This is a great book review
I enjoyed it very well
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

While the Bible has been accused of misogyny on various occasions, I do not think this is one of them. The punishment wasn't harsher on her,, and if it could be considered as harsher, then it's because she played a bigger role in that first sin.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

I honestly have not thought about it that way and it looks like it's something I'll have to look into.
Jack Robbinson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-robbinson.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Jack Robbinson »

No, there is no misogyny, I believe. From the history of mankind, we see that God is a perfect "leveler" of all inequalities between men and women and between men & men and women & women too. By the time we reach our graves, all inequalities are made up. Girls are badly treated but once they marry and become mothers, they are emotionally far more powerful and have a greater influence on their children compared to fathers. Boys set out as a privileged lot in their young days and ruin themselves feeling they're superior. After they marry and raise kids, (the boys turned) men come to know that they are emotionally weaker and cannot influence their kids more than their wives. So, it all squares up in the end! What do you feel?
justjessireels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjessireels.html
Latest Review: Murder in the Garbage by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by justjessireels »

I would say they both suffered intense punishments and in the end it was all down to free will they both had the option to do what ever they wanted but they both decided that they were better together and took the responsibility that came with it
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Free and Fearless by Phil Moser

Post by Andrew Darlington »

I do not think any punishment was worse than the order. Everyone got the punish commensurate with their disobedience.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”