The First Murder

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
ohlendorfbe
Favorite Book: The Piano Man
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohlendorfbe.html
Latest Review: Tears and Trombones by Nanci Lee Woody
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Re: The First Murder

Post by ohlendorfbe »

"The book of Genesis shows that Adam and Eve were created innocent and free of sin. God interacted (fellowshiped) with them directly so at the time mankind had a good relationship with God. It was until they were tricked out of their innocence that sin was birthed into mankind’s nature." I agree with this statement and believe that man can choose to do wrong and sin, but only God gives man the power to do good and believe in Him.
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by LiLj »

I believe is that since Adam and Eve had no original sin and they choose to eat the fruit, is why everyone know is prone to commit sins.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

I believe it's not a matter of original sin or not cause who defines sin anyway? If God makes killing lawful will it still be a sin? So the problem really is forgetfulness on what's their purpose. The human being has been given free will as a test on whether he or she can remember what they were ordained to do in the first place.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

B Creech wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 17:23 I believe if Adam and Eve had never sinned humanity would have definitely gone a different way. Jesus would not have had to come to earth and die for our sins, because I don't believe we would have sinned! I believe the reason we are born with sinful tendencies is because of Adam and Eve sinning. That is just my personal opinion. We do have free will and it is our decision to make. I still tell my children, "Every day when you get up you have one of two choices to make - you can do what is right, or you can do what is wrong. If you choose to take the wrong path, don't blame God for the potholes!"

Well said!
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Ada Ling wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 13:56
B Creech wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 17:23 I believe if Adam and Eve had never sinned humanity would have definitely gone a different way. Jesus would not have had to come to earth and die for our sins, because I don't believe we would have sinned! I believe the reason we are born with sinful tendencies is because of Adam and Eve sinning. That is just my personal opinion. We do have free will and it is our decision to make. I still tell my children, "Every day when you get up you have one of two choices to make - you can do what is right, or you can do what is wrong. If you choose to take the wrong path, don't blame God for the potholes!"

Well said!
Thanks! :D
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
gayscott
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayscott.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by gayscott »

There was no sin in the world until Adam and Eve chose to disobey God in the Garden of Eden.
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. :reading-6: :reading-6: :angelic-cyan:
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

If my opinion could be voiced as well, I think God allowed for it to happen. If there had not been the original sin, God wouldn't need us to worship Him. Because of the first murder, our free will was created thus giving us the choice as well to worship our Creator or turn our backs from Him. It is a choice God bestowed upon us. Because what good are we if we are not able to serve the Lord willingly?
do20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do20.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by do20 »

I agree that we have the full responsibility to choose freely about what we do but I also think that the devil play a big part in convincing human beings to do evil, especially when they are weak.
Iva Stoyanova
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-stoyanova.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

That's an interesting question!

I believe that as Adam and Eve had a choice then all humanity is given the right to choose. Some choose bad and some choose good but that's just how God has planned for us to be. The devil was just presented to the humans from God as God decided to give us free will. We have the opportunity to choose between doing good or choosing evil and we pay for our choices later.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

The first sin of eating the forbidden fruit might have been under the influence of the devil. But he can't be blamed for all the sins that occurred afterwards
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Nelson Reviews
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-reviews.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Reviews »

The first sin is the start point of everything evil, if only things were different the world could have been a wonderful place. I Believe God did not create this world to end up the way it is.

We are who we are and live how we live because we miss use the power of the
Free Will ; that God awarded us! If Cain only chose good over evil things would have been different i believe.
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :reading-6:
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Reubeney wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 17:51 I also think we are born with original sin due to the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden which made the whole human generation sinful. But thanks for the gift of His son who redeems anyone who makes a choice to believe in Him. So I believe it all goes back to the issue of using our own free will to make a decision to believe or not. To do the right or not.
Well said.
MilaThegoddess
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milathegoddess.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by MilaThegoddess »

I don’t think it can entirely be blamed on an evil entity.

I think people are different. If a divine creation like Lucifer could stray then why could humans not be held to the same fate?

It depends on how each individual will perceive the word of God. Some may follow it without question and hesitation. Sometimes obedience breeds contempt in other people.
gelli_baranda
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gelli-baranda.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by gelli_baranda »

This has been a subject of century-long debate. Which has a greater weight? The original sin or our free will? I guess this is of the world's mysteries that will never get an answer.
Happy reading,
Gelli xoxo
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

Well, I believe that before Adam and Eve were led astray by the devil, they were perfect and without sin. Everything sin was afterward.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”