The First Murder

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: The First Murder

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

I opine that God created us with the willpower to choose. More often than not, we make the wrong choices. So any sin we commit is a consequence of our choices.
Grace Macharia
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-macharia.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Grace Macharia »

I think that there's very little of what happens from without that can determine what happens within. Mark 7:21 says, just to paraphrase, 'From withing a man's heart come evil thoughts, sexual immorality , murder etc ' So I do believe that with or without the devil's involvement with mankind, we would still have sinned. I believe that was God's plan all along that we may be able to experience His salvation.
NDeMeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndemeer.html
Latest Review: Sormara The Evil Tome by Sandra L. Reel

Post by NDeMeer »

A tricky question! Like some of the other commenters here, I think that God allows us to be tempted towards that original sin. It is our own choice whether we do evil things or not. I don't believe we should blame this on some evil outside of ourselves, because then we'd never strive to be better; we'd just strive to get rid of that evil entity, which is an impossibility. Thanks for your interesting question!
Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Fatima Saif
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: Make Fitness A Priority
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-saif.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Fatima Saif »

Id urges man to do bad deeds. If Satan doesn't urges man to do bad deeds, id still can force man to do bad activities.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

I feel we have the potential to be the wrongdoer given that we have freewill but the devil is the catalyst which makes the wrong seem more pleasurable to us. Well, its just a human opinion we never know what the real answer might be.
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

With free will comes responsibility. The ability to rise above temptations is inherent in every human.
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerimiahsebastian.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by jerimiahsebastian »

Good question!
In my opinion I think we are born into sin. And sin came as a result of disobedience and not murder. I stand to be corrected!
And pertaining your question I think humanity could have been much better off
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Your question really is thought provoking and necessary. I believe that initially, Adam and Eve were not born with any sin. However, their descendants inherited sin.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Amaraah
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaraah.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Amaraah »

I think we are all bone with original sins, this was to fulfil mankind. But then, every individual should be responsible for his or her own sins. We all have freedom to choose between good and evil.
Asunshine
Currently Reading: Diary of a Wimpy Kid :The Ugly Truth
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asunshine.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Asunshine »

Yes, we would have gone a different way because that was God's plan. But because of the sin committed in the garden of Eden, we are born with sin but after accepting God in our life and baptised, we are saved. We have been given the free will to choose between good and evil, but whatever we do we are hold accountable.
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

slj3988 wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 07:29 There is much debate amongst the religious community over the birth of murder as a sin. My question is if the devil hadn't tricked or persuaded mankind to commit such sins, would humanity have gone a different way?

It is argued by some that we are all born with original sin. We are all capable of such monstrosity. Given that we have free will, can we fairly blame evil on an entity outside ourselves?
Yes, humanity would experience a totally different life if it was not for the devil's trickery.

Adam and Eve were created pure, free of sin. Their one act brought sin into the world. We are descendants of them and inherit this original sin. God gave us free will, to know what is right and wrong, and the choice is ours. I would not wholly blame the devil for my bad choices.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
Clancy193
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clancy193.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Clancy193 »

Kirsi_78 wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 09:49 That is a very good question. Unfortunately, we'll never know the answer.

And what comes to your second question, I suppose Eve and Adam were not born with original sin, but they used their freedom of choice and as a result, everyone who's come after them is born with original sin. But even with this original sin we still have the freedom to choose what we do and what we don't do... That's what I've reasoned about this difficult topic so far.
I'm very much satisfied with your answer. I agree with what you've said.
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

As a Muslim I believe that our actions is triggered only by our free will. Yes definitely life would have been so different is evil didn't exist but we would lose too the propose of our lives; to fight our desires, lusts, and bad wills to choose the right and do it always.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I believe there's a light and darkness in everyone, but we have the ability to control which part that manifests, so ultimately we are responsible for everything including murder.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

God gave human beings the free will to either choose right or wrong. Humans chose the latter, and here we are tilling land and going through labor pains during child birth.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”