Was sending Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden a blessing or a curse?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Was sending Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden a blessing or a curse?

Post by Micah_1 »

Except from the curse gave the them, sending them out of Eden is not a curse to me, because after Adam began to realize how wise God was to send them out, he began to understand and justify Him for sending them out. Thus, we are made to see God in his wisdom.
Ansif Jebessa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ansif Jebessa »

God forbade Adam to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge,on the pain of death. The seed of disobedience sown by the tempter deceived Eve as to the real consequences of eating the forbidden fruit. Their sin had its immediate consequence which was the pain of death. Even the creation itself which had been placed under his dominion, was made through his fall subject to vanity and had came under curse. I don't think when they driven forth from paradise they became protected as the Bible says God put enmity between the race of mankind and the serpent. Generally, even so man didn't perish in his sin, he was cursed and had been living in sorrow.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

It depends on your belief system. But according to my understanding of the bible, it was necessary because Adam and Eve willingly disobeyed God. What's interesting is, they were perfect human beings, they had no influence of external forces. They consciously made the decision to disobey. It was a blessing and necessary thing.
IbrahimOtegbade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahimotegbade.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by IbrahimOtegbade »

According to the accounts in the Bible, eating the fruit of life would have worsen the situation. God had to send them out of the garden so they wouldn't have immortality in corruptible bodies. I think Adam and Eve would have understood at some point why God sent them out. Just as in the book, guilt must have made them realise that. Sending them out was a blessing.
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

It opened the door to a dispensation of hardship and strife for them. God is all knowing however and had a redemption plan.
Philosopher2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philosopher2022.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Philosopher2022 »

i know there was a state God initially placed man that changed immediately they disobeyed God. In reality, being confined to a place especailly with the guilt of sin could lead to more harm. God had to send them out to survive on their own with befits their new nature. I cnat really say if it was a cause or blessings but i know what ever God did was for their own good.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I could say it was both a blessing and a curse, course through eating the forbidden fruit they got to really live. It was then that they understood the practicality of life, doing things for themselves amd freedom to the world. But it was only bad that they were no longer under God's wings as they used to be before everything changed. I feel like this is the same as when you give birth to Child, as they grow they dont worry about anything because you do everything for them but soon as they grow life it no longer be as easy.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I think God is unquestionable, we can only guess and trust the holyspirit to interpret the real scriptures to us, so whether it's a blessing or curse, God knows best
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

God knows best!
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Wyzdomania_Gskillz wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 10:50
JM Reviews wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 04:38 Just after Adam and Eve had eaten from the tree of knowledge, God drove them away from the Garden. The author of this book seems to justify every curse that God put on Adam. At some point, Adam seems grateful for the curses. What captured my attention was the justification of the fact that God sent them away from Eden. Do you think the main purpose was to protect them from Lucifer? Do you believe that eating from the tree of life would have worsened the situation?
First of all, God didn't put any curse whatsoever on man. He only cursed the ground because of man and then increased the pains of childbearing for the woman. He didn't even introduce the pain at that time, He only increased it.....meaning the woman was already meant to experience some pain during childbirth, but probably not much.

Secondly, sending the man and woman away from the garden was for their good and that of mankind to come. That was the singular act that ensured they could be redeemed again. Because if they had gone ahead to eat from the tree of life after the fall (which I suppose they were already eating from before the fall, seeing as the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the only forbidden one), they would have lived perpetually in that fallen state with no possibility of redemption...
I agree with you, it embitters His heart to send them out, and that's why He is always on the lookout for them, but it's something He must do to prevent everlasting doom
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I belive it was both a curse and a blessing. Sending them away, they had to provide for themselves and prove their love and faith for God. Their life wasn't easy and it was filled with hard choices but they always found thar God was there by their side following their journey.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Sending Adam and Eve was a blessing and a curse in my opinion. A blessing that they would learn to amend their mistake by finding the right path toward God and a curse that they lost their entitlement because of the sins they committed.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

God sent them out so they wouldn't eat of the tree of life and live forever. If man was to live forever, men like Adolf Hitler and some other wicked and heartless men would have lived forever, which wouldn't have been nice for a lot of people.
Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praiyz-pearlumie-olushegun.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun »

Really in this situation we may just speculate but honestly only God knows best, I believe he sent the. Out fir a good reason and with a good plan.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

Initially I saw this as a very harsh cure and I felt God was so strict and mean. After reading this book a lot changed about my thought. God action for their sins was as a result of a fatherly love. It was indeed a blessing in disguise as described by he author.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”