Was sending Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden a blessing or a curse?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Was sending Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden a blessing or a curse?

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

When God created Adam and made him Lord over all creation, he gave him specific instructions. Do not eat from that tree, the day you eat from that tree that day you die. We can only imagine how much luxury got gave adam and eve in the garden but we will never know. For God to say die it means they will no longer enjoy the luxury he gives them.
Unfortunately Adam and eve didnt obey God's instructions and as a result they were on the receiving end.
Personally, I wouldn't say it was a blessing or a curse, rather it was the repercussion of their actions. God is not a man that he will lie. He plainly told Adam the consequences of such actions before he even erred.
Its basically our reality today. Every action comes with a consequence good or bad.
Samantha Calderon 1
Favorite Book: Dying Well
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-calderon-1.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Samantha Calderon 1 »

To answer this question understanding what the curse implied is important. The curse, the Fall of Man, is the separation between man and God. This curse was due to the sin Adam and Eve committed against God by eating from the tree of knowledge. This curse was seen in Adam and Eve being exiled from the Garden of Eden, that is why they were kicked out. So, sending Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden was a curse because they were no longer allowed to be in God's presence. The main purpose was not to protect them from Lucifer but to punish them for their sin. Eating from the tree of life would have worsened the situation because they had already sinned, meaning they did not have faith and therefore this tree would not be able to provide anything for them.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I think God sometimes pushes us to the extreme so that we can push ourselves and find ourselves. If Adam and Eve still lived in Eden, they would not have learned something's that they learned through the challenges they faced outside Eden.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

It was a pure curse attached to other personal curse which still affects humans now.
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

Yes, I believe chasing them from the garden was a blessing. I believe that if they had stayed there after partaking of the forbidden fruit would have worsened the situation, since they would have eventually ended up eating from the tree of life, and that would result in sin being immortalized, which would have been a disaster of magnanimous proportion.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

In my opinion, the intention of sending them out of the garden of Eden was to curse them. But being the loving father that he is,God did not totally forsake them. What would have been a curse turned out to be a new beginning. However, they suffered for that beginning.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

If not for their disobedience, there wouldn't have been need for them to be driven out of the garden of Eden in the first place. What was prepared for them in the garden was blessings free of charge. The disobedience made them to first suffer before they get any blessings (i.e after they were chased out of the garden.)
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

In all, I would say that driving them out of the garden of Eden was both a blessing and a curse. They had the opportunity to explore the earth and discover so many more things they could do with their hands. However, they were chased to earth that is full of hardship.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Alice Ngugi wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 05:03 I believe it was both a blessing and a curse. In the garden they could not enjoy the varying levels of emotions such as sadness and pain, at that they would not be able to fully appreciate the good times. The curse comes with separation from God and even facing death ultimately.
I agree with you. If is both a blessing and a curse. Also, I feel that due to their gift of free will, Adam and Eve might have interpreted God's consequences as either a blessing or a curse, and their interpretation would have altered the course of history.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Heathereads wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 07:28 By its very origin, the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden was a curse. However, the Garden of Eden would not have lasted forever, even if Eve had not eaten the forbidden fruit. Humankind is sinful and would have been punished as soon as the next person committed a similar act to that of Eve’s.
The basis of this sinful nature arose from the disobedience of Adam and Eve. Before then, humans were not sinful. I don't see the reason why the premise that the "Garden of Eden wouldn't have lasted" should be true. For sure, God did not create man with sin.
MichelleYong
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelleyong.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by MichelleYong »

I think it is not necessarily a curse. That was simply the result of eating from the tree, and god gave them what they wanted, to think for themselves.
Deeda Harris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-daay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Deeda Harris »

Sending Adam and eve is a blessing because through it the generations after them were able to reach civilisation.
Chinenye Sus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Chinenye Sus »

I can't answer if it is a blessing or a curse, but I can say that it was a punishment.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

It was a curse obviously. Because the life in Eden was so incomparable to life outside Eden. But I think it was ment to be that way.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

In my opinion, sending Adam and Eve out was neither a blessing or a curse but the will Of God.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”