Overall rating and opinion of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker

Use this forum to discuss the July 2020 Book of the month, "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

I found the beginning chapters of this book very interesting. However, i think some unnecessary scene were included just to increase the number of pages. There was a little about the science and more of adventure. i am-not so sure about the rating of this book at this moment.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I reviewed this book some days ago, I rate it 4 stars because the book is interesting and entertaining as well. The level of suspense, action, and passion was all alright for me, I enjoyed reading the book.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

The novel Zona the Forbidden Land was highly captivating, and there was suspense throughout that encourages readers to keep reading. Anyone who enjoys adventure, romance, or suspense should read this book since it's incredibly good, in my opinion. It receives four stars from me.
Chimezie Agbata
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

I love the first few chapters, and the suspense was top notch, though along the line it became boring due to the sluggish build up of the book. Some conversations in the book was lengthy and unnecessary, it seems as though the author wanted to increase the number of pages in the book. I give it a 3 over 4 stars.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. I love the journal format and the way it creates a sense of mystery as you follow Grant's journey. I can tell that he put a lot of time and effort into writing the book by the author. I enjoyed reading the book
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

I love how the author described the characters. I really loved the character development, the plot, and the setting. I think it's amazing how Fred G. Baker was able to create such a detailed and well-developed story.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Christell Lindeque wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 12:50 I liked the book a lot. The book took a while to explain the character's background before the real action started. He made the main character suspicious of everyone around him. Over all I enjoyed the book and felt like I was there with the characters when the action happened.
It was this attribute of the book that made me enjoy it the most. This is because the delay and suspicion built tension and suspense, making me eager to find out what will happen. I really enjoyed reading the book.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

More sections if this book went very slowly especially uncovering the content of Uncle Randall's journals. I had issues with some very lengthy conversation between some character. However this book is a very interesting and enjoyable read I will ate it a 3 out of 4 stars.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I gave this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because the author's narrative style was unique. His narration brought the characters to life. What I did not like was the way the characters slept around with each other. But apart from this, this book was an amazing read.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. This is because I don't like the way the story left some questions unanswered. I mean, I'm interested in reading a story that has missing pieces and I expected that at the end of the story, every single piece should be found.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

I did like the storyline. The character development is definitely something that I appreciate and the plot twists, exotic settings, and strange creatures make it even more interesting. This is the kind of book that keeps me curious, and I like that I read it.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

I rated this book 3 out of four stars. It was quite interesting, the beginning was okay, the ending wasn't satisfactory though. But I loved the part of when they were in Zona, especially when they met Sheba and her mate. I didn't like the way they cooly handled homosexualism though.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I found the title appropriate. The book was indeed full of suspense and, I was thoroughly engrossed while reading.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I like the adventurous part of the book. I dislike the part where the characters were showcasing their immoral deeds shamelessly. My rating will be five out of five stars. The author did well in editing the book but the book can't be for everyone.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

I'll give this book a score of four out of four. One is compelled to read more since it is intriguing and contains suspense. Anyone who enjoys suspense, romance, and adventure should read this book, in my opinion, since it is truly good.

Return to “Discuss "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker”