Review of Tales From Another Dimension

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of Tales From Another Dimension

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales From Another Dimension" by Robbie Sheerin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tales From Another Dimension is a collection of short sci-fi stories written by Robbie Sheerin. The book consists of eleven different tales to spark the reader's imagination about Earth and mankind. The short stories are entertaining and captivating.

The stories in Tales From Another Dimension consist of exploring other lifeform and planets. It captures a unique spin on whether there is other life out there and how they would treat mankind. In the chapter called Part 1: The Last of Your Kind, the reader learns about an alien doing whatever he can do to learn about life on other planets. In Part 2: The First of Your Kind, there is a plot twist and the alien learns a lesson. All of the stories are based upon a science fiction theme.

The book would be suitable for older youth through adults. The material would be harder for younger children to understand and it could be scary to them. Individuals who enjoy sci-fi or short stories would enjoy reading this one. Those who aren't into sci-fi may want to skip this one, but from my experience, they may find that some of the short stories interest them.

I enjoyed how the book is a collection of short stories. I found each one to catch my attention and keep it. I wanted to know what would take place next. I haven't always been a huge fan of sci-fi, but I found the plots in these stories to be unique and well-written. I also liked the character development. It isn't always easy to develop characters in short-stories, but I feel the author did an excellent job of it. I also liked how the one story had two parts. The reader gets into the story and thinks it ends a certain way, but then once they read part 2 they realize there is more to it. I found it fascinating to see how the author would have the humans and aliens interact. In some stories they get alone and in others, they don't. I found this to be interesting aspect of the stories and it kept me wanting to read more. I didn't find anything to dislike about this book.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears to be professionally edited and contains no errors. Each story is intriguing and keeps the reader's attention. It allows the reader to use their imagination. Anyone into science fiction would find this book to be entertaining. Overall, it was an enjoyable book. I would read others by this author. I also would recommend it to others.

Tales From Another Dimension
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Mac :techie-reference:
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

A compendium of science fiction tales....thanks for the review, it's brief but interesting
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I like short stories, so I may be checking this one out.

Great and detailed review, thank you!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I do love sci-gi, but I don’t really like short stories. Normally, they don’t have enough content to hold my attention. Mr. Sheerin seems to be on track with the alien exploring the existence of other life.
Sakina Fatima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakina-fatima.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by Sakina Fatima »

This seems a book of my type. I wonder what the imaginations of author has to tell us about our universe and how he has created his sci-fictional world. I found your review cogent and interesting!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”