Review of The Temple Of Truth And Lies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse by Tim Ferguson

Review of The Temple Of Truth And Lies

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Temple Of Truth And Lies" by James Duvall.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Long ago, approximately around 45000 BC, a group of enigmatic individuals hailing from various parts of the world embarked on a journey from the magnificent city of Nim Patti Nam. Their destination was Pangorn Island, where they sought to explore a pyramidal temple believed to have been constructed by a malevolent wizard named Iszo-thrain and uncover a hidden treasure. Among the brave and mysterious personalities with whom Deszarius, a scholar from the Dellwood brotherhood, would ally were the Swazanies, Dwarfs, red-skinned mercenaries, Khazeem, an evil and formidable sorcerer, and an unusual bird named Hekelferrit, the captain's pet. Their vessel, the Dhar Ahk Dragua, would carry them on this daring voyage. As they ventured forth, their objective was not only to obtain the coveted treasure but also to test their powers against fearsome creatures, such as giant lizards, colossal spiders, and animated skeletons. Their adventure would prove far from easy, as they encountered both internal and external conflicts on their journey to the temple and throughout Pangorn Island.

The Temple Of Truth and Lies by James Duvall is a gripping historical fiction and thriller set in the BC era, chronicling the captivating exploits of Deszarius as he allies himself with extraordinary individuals and embarks on a series of adventures on the mystical island of Pangorn.

I deeply admire the author's creation of this remarkable piece. While a work of fiction, the book vividly portrays the ancient inhabitants of Earth—their cultures and societal values—to the point where I felt compelled to research some of the characters' names to verify their existence. The inclusion of maps enhances the book's authenticity, and the characters' naming system feels relatable, establishing a strong connection to the story's setting and offering a justified syntactic rationale.

From the very first page, the book seized my attention with its captivating setting and narrative tone. It reads like an enchanting fairy tale, whisking me away to a world of magic and wonder. The author's skillful storytelling immediately drew me in, and I found myself eager to uncover the secrets hidden within its pages.

One aspect that truly enhanced my reading experience was the abundance of action scenes scattered throughout the book. Each one was meticulously crafted, filling the story with thrilling moments that kept me on the edge of my seat. The vivid descriptions and expertly choreographed sequences made it easy to visualize the intense battles and heart-pounding escapades.

What truly fascinated me, however, was the portrayal of paranormal creatures within the narrative. From mischievous fairies to fearsome dragons, the author's imaginative world was populated with a rich tapestry of fantastical beings. Their presence added depth and intrigue to the story, and I found myself eagerly anticipating each encounter with these captivating creatures.

Another noteworthy aspect of the book was the author's clever choice of perspective. By initially employing a first-person narrative through the eyes of the main character, Deszarius, the author effectively immersed me in his world and allowed me to experience the story through his emotions and thoughts. It created an intimate connection with the protagonist and served as a compelling introduction to the core themes and conflicts of the book.

As the story progressed, the author seamlessly transitioned to a third-person perspective, providing a broader view of the adventurers' experiences. This shift in perspective added depth to the overall narrative, enabling me to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the intricate plot and the motivations driving the characters

In terms of literary quality, the book has been professionally edited, with only a few grammar errors detected. I genuinely cherished every aspect of this book. As a fan of action-packed scenes featuring dark magic and paranormal beings, this book was a delightful find. Therefore, I give it a well-deserved rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this book to enthusiasts of dark fantasy and exhilarating adventure novels.

The Temple Of Truth And Lies
View: on Bookshelves
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I’m not a huge fan of historical fiction, and this plot is somehow confusing. I don’t really understand it. You’ve written an interesting review. Well done!!!
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Sarah Zain »

The book full of characters and seems from your review a fantasy master piece. I enjoyed reading your review which was enthusiastic and encourages to read the book.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

The plot is so intriguing and captivating and the characters are unique. I wonder what lies in this mysterious temple and how they will uncover these mysteries.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This dark fantasy novel that includes some historical bits contains a lot of adventure in a setting that seems realistic despite the fantasy element. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I am a fan of historical fiction basically because there is always talks about the past and culture. From your review I believe it would be worth the time to read about what happened 4500BC. Well-done.
Mercy Deen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-deen.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Deen »

This sounds like there are lots of mysteries to be unraveled. The inclusion of paranormal creatures captures my attention. Thanks for the interesting presentation of the review.
Rahma Nini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahma-nini.html
Latest Review: Stolen Grace by Rev Errol E Leslie

Post by Rahma Nini »

I love how you described the plot from your summary of the book. The setting of ancient times as far back as the 45000BC sounds intriguing. Love it.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

I am intrigued by tis book reviewed although I am not much of a fan of historical fantasy books. I'd like to read about the exploits of the group and if the journey was worth the risk.
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review you provided is incredibly well-written and comprehensive. I appreciate the attention to detail and the enthusiasm you conveyed throughout. You effectively captured the essence of the book and its appeal to readers who enjoy historical fiction and thrilling adventures.

Your analysis of the book's setting, characters, and narrative tone demonstrates a keen understanding of the author's intentions. The way you discussed the inclusion of maps and the relatability of the naming system highlights the author's efforts to create an immersive and believable world.

Furthermore, your description of the action scenes and their impact on the reading experience is vivid and engaging. It conveys your genuine excitement and admiration for the author's ability to create thrilling moments that keep readers captivated.

I also appreciate your comments on the portrayal of paranormal creatures and the clever choice of perspective. Your explanation of the shift in narrative perspective and its effect on the overall story showcases your perceptive reading and understanding of the book's structure.

Lastly, your mention of the book's professional editing and your personal recommendation adds credibility to your review. Your final rating of 5 out of 5 stars emphasizes your strong endorsement and enthusiasm for the book.

Overall, your feedback on the review is excellent. It effectively communicates your thoughts and appreciation for the book in a human-like tone without any detectable AI-generated content. Well done!
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

This sounds like there are lots of mysteries to be unraveled. The inclusion of paranormal creatures captures my attention. Thanks for the awesome review.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY JAMES DUVALL TALKING ABOUT ENIGMATIC INDIVIDUALS AROUND 45,000 B.C. WHO SEEK TO DISCOVER A HIDDEN TREASURE.
A BOOK FOR FANS OF DARK FANTASY AND EXCITING ADVENTURE.GOOD REVIEW
CalebDee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CalebDee »

I like your review since it's simple to understand and clearly explained .it very amazing book to read and I will plan to take my time .
Joseph Jose Nj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Joseph Jose Nj »

Thank you for your captivating review! Your description of the dark fantasy novel, with its historical elements and adventurous setting, has piqued my curiosity. I'm eager to dive into this intriguing world and experience the seamless blend of reality and fantasy. Your insights are greatly appreciated!
Goodness Aderoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Goodness Aderoba »

As enthusiastic as I am with history I like the way the book started withe the date of when the event started . This book full of frictional characters of some explorers in the world of discovery for a particular treasure

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”