Review of EPIC: The Game

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of EPIC: The Game

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "EPIC: The Game" by Jack Kaminskie.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Epic: The Game by Jack Kaminskie is a fictional scientific and philosophical storybook. An entrepreneur named Bryson Carmichael proposed the creation of a virtual reality game. Five years later, Billy Middleton started playing the game and was found dead in his room by his sister, Sarah. The reason for his death was unknown until Billy's friends, Michael and Pablo, provided information to his father, John, revealing that his death was related to Epic: The Game. Determined to uncover the truth behind his son's death, John started playing the game, risking his own life to perhaps salvage the situation.

The story spans 242 pages and includes a prologue, four sessions, and an epilogue for each of the main characters. As John progresses through the levels of the game, he encounters a friend named Mufusa. Meanwhile, Sarah, Pablo, and Michael turn to the occult to communicate with Billy, leading to the revelation of secrets.

I appreciate the author's thoughtfulness in creating a thought-provoking work that combines science, philosophy, spirituality, and psychology elements. I particularly admire the open communication between Sarah and John, allowing her to share her troubles with Taylor without judgment, and the guidance provided by John. The author's exploration of artificial intelligence and quantum physics is enlightening, and I also value the divine insights and conversations between Sarah and Pablo.

However, I find the complications in the story overwhelming as I continue reading. Though informative, the role of Mufusa and his mother and their discussions seem unnecessary. Another difficulty arises from Adrian's revelation regarding her birth and home to Sarah. The author's conclusion was different from what I expected.

The book has been professionally edited. If not for the complexities that make the story harder to digest, I would have given the book a five-star rating. Nonetheless, I rate it four out of five stars. I recommend this book to anyone interested in science fiction, particularly philosophers, psychologists, and spiritualists.

EPIC: The Game
View: on Bookshelves
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

Curiosity is sparked by Billy's demise. John, his father, must have thought it odd that his son passed away while playing a video game.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

There's a lot in a novel that's not particularly long and I wonder if the author overdid it a with bits that were not necessary to the story. Overall, it still seems interesting. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: The 36 Watchers, book II: Spring by Dan Bar Hava

Post by Jay Alex »

This is serious; what could have been the layout of the game for it to have that kind of string connection it did with its players. An interesting and suspenseful story. Well-done.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Courage of a Butterfly by Edmond E. Frank aka E. Egorhh Frank

Post by Robert Andrew »

The reviewer offers a concise summary and appreciation of "Epic: The Game" by Jack Kaminskie. They highlight the fictional nature of the book, centered around the creation of a virtual reality game and the mysterious death of a player. The reviewer acknowledges the inclusion of scientific, philosophical, spiritual, and psychological elements in the story, which adds depth and thought-provoking aspects to the narrative. They specifically mention the open communication between Sarah and John, appreciating their non-judgmental relationship and the guidance provided. The reviewer also commends the author's exploration of artificial intelligence and quantum physics, finding it enlightening, and values the divine insights and conversations between Sarah and Pablo.
kazali Rashid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by kazali Rashid »

I can't seem to get the feeling of getting yourself in a video game you are playing. Wow as teenager who likes video games the review given has provoke my curiosity.
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review of "Epic: The Game" by Jack Kaminskie provides a comprehensive overview of the book's plot and highlights its incorporation of scientific, philosophical, and spiritual elements. The reviewer appreciates the author's thoughtfulness in creating a thought-provoking work that explores various disciplines. The open communication and guidance between Sarah and John are commended, along with the author's exploration of artificial intelligence and quantum physics. The divine insights and conversations between Sarah and Pablo are also valued. However, the reviewer finds the complications in the story overwhelming, specifically mentioning the role of Mufusa and his mother and the revelation regarding Adrian. The book is recognized for its professional editing, and a rating of four out of five stars is given due to the complexities that make the story more challenging to digest. The review concludes with a recommendation for readers interested in science fiction, philosophy, psychology, and spirituality.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men by Melanie Sovran Wolfe

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The mystery surrounding Billy's death and John's determination to uncover the truth creates a compelling plotline. The idea of risking one's life to unravel a virtual reality game's secrets is both thrilling and thought-provoking.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

I was fascinated by the description of this story's plot. I wonder how Billy's father would eventually succeed in his quest to know the truth behind Billy's death, while risking his life. What would also become of the creator of the game?

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”