Review of Beth: Book II

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of Beth: Book II

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Beth: Book II" by S. R. Kent.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Beth: Book II: The Traveler’s Return by S. R. Kent is a sequel that can be read and enjoyed as a standalone without confusion. In this sequel, Elizabeth Taylor, who prefers to be called Beth, returns home after spending a year and a half with her father, whom she never knew. To return home, Beth needs to use her powers to teleport from the world she is currently in. When she gets to the lake that allows her to travel to the other world, she finds Victoria, a lady waiting for a traveler to help her cross over to another world. After a brief conversation, naïve Beth allows Victoria to cross over with her despite being warned by her father not to travel with strangers. On her safe return, Beth finds her family distraught at the news that Victoria has escaped from the world where she was imprisoned.

I enjoyed Beth’s multifaceted character. She is naïve, selfish, and stubborn at times. But she is also family-oriented, loving, and devoted. Whatever tasks she embarked on, she executed to the best of her abilities and always prioritized the safety of her loved ones.

This novel is a page-turner, and it was hard to put down. Following Beth’s journey and discovering her powers as she was also discovering them was exhilarating. Her family secrets were another aspect that added layers of intrigue and much-welcomed frustration. As Beth navigates her complex family dynamics, her character grows in unexpected yet progressive ways.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. The storyline was thought-provoking and multi-dimensional. The author’s world-building ability and creativity permeated through the pages. I could imagine the scenes easily because of Kent’s vivid descriptions of places and characters. I disliked the antagonists with a passion, but that only proves how Kent skillfully crafted these characters, and that is a trait worthy of applause.

This book is ideal for readers who enjoy sci-fi novels with a bit of family drama, romance, and Greek mythology. It is captivating and stimulating. I encourage readers to grab a copy of this book and delve into Beth’s worlds.

Beth: Book II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

The first book gave me an impression of being targeted to young adults, leaving me with the doubt that I was too old to read it. This sequel seems a bit more sophisticated, so I might be more inclined to read it as a standalone. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Aleena Augustine »

Your review has certainly sparked my interest in the book. Your vivid portrayal of Beth's character intrigues me, especially with her mix of naivety, selfishness, and devotion. The mention of family secrets and Beth's growth throughout the story adds an enticing layer of complexity. Describing it as a page-turner and praising the author's world-building and creativity only heightens my curiosity.
Rashad Deniro Price
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: Hold Yer Horses, Pardner! by Cody Spencer

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

The novel is indeed a page-turner. I appreciate the plot and character development, especially the character of Beth. She is dynamic, and I found her tenacity realistic—that trait that propels one forward, no matter what, until they actualize their goals.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”