Review of Gaia's Intervention - Part One of the Dolphin Riders Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Bear Against the Sun by Otto Lehrack

Review of Gaia's Intervention - Part One of the Dolphin Riders Series

Post by Michael Valentine »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gaia's Intervention - Part One of the Dolphin Riders Series" by Michael J Ganas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Gaia's Intervention - Part One of the Dolphin Riders Series by Michael J. Ganas is a story that revolves around a girl who possesses special abilities to communicate with an evolved species of sea creatures known as bottlenose dolphins. The lives of so many people are intertwined in the race to defeat evil. Will they succeed, or will evil triumph this time?

The story begins in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, where we are introduced to Jake Javolyn and Zimbola. Jake appears agitated and searching for something. Jake is revealed to be more than just a part-time smuggler and dive boat operator as his past as a former US Navy seal is brought to light. Along with Dr. Franklin Grahm, a renowned marine zoologist, and his team, Jake sets out on a trip that will end up changing the trajectory of his life. At sea, he comes into contact with a girl riding a dolphin, and without any prior relationship, he takes on the role of protector for the girl and her friends. The characters are taken on a life-changing journey, which makes them rethink their beliefs, erase doubts, and build faith. Have they gotten into something way over their heads, or are they on the path of destiny?

I admire the author's eye for detail. I was able to picture the images, people, and events he described because he was adept at detail. I love the storyline. The storyline is unlike any book I have ever read. I love the suspense, especially towards the ending of the book. I absolutely enjoyed the mystery surrounding the characters, and I cannot wait to read the second part of the book to find out what happened, especially Omar and Ortega's plan for revenge. I also cannot wait for the reunion when Grahm finds out that his daughter is Destiny. I must commend the author for the accuracy of the editing skills portrayed, as I could only find one error in the whole book. One word to qualify this book is that it is unputdownable!

I found no negative aspect of this book worth highlighting. It held me riveted to its pages until the very end. I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The reasons for my rating are the same as the positive aspects of the book.

I recommend this book to lovers of adventure stories.

Gaia's Intervention - Part One of the Dolphin Riders Series
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Falle »

NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

Stories about communicating with cetaceans are fascinating. In this case, there seems to be much more, though I'm not sure about good vs. evil stories. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review for "Gaia's Intervention - Part One of the Dolphin Riders Series" by Michael J. Ganas suggests that it is an engaging and captivating read. The storyline, characters, and suspense are praised, with the reviewer expressing excitement for the sequel and unanswered plot developments. The book is commended for its attention to detail and minimal editing errors. Overall, the review rates the book 5 out of 5 stars and recommends it to adventure story lovers.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”