Review of Moons Over Terra

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3075
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Circle of Innocents by Stephen D. Curtis

Review of Moons Over Terra

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Moons Over Terra" by R.J. Harold.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Unbeknownst to Kyle, Kate and Mary, Ethan has completed their project for the upcoming competition. They test the time machine, and it proves successful, transporting them to distant galaxies. Far from home, the youngsters are faced with two options: help save the people of Kendo Kingdom from a spell cast by an evil king, King Warren, or remain in space for another hundred years. The mission is perilous, and they encounter an old guard who refuses to let them risk their lives to retrieve the fire flowers needed to break the spell. Who is this old guard, and what role does he play in the story?

Moons Over Terra by R.J. Harold is a science fiction and fantasy book that narrates the daring mission of this ragtag army of youngsters as they strive to overcome a seemingly insurmountable power, an evil king with supernatural powers and his brutal army. Their journey unfolds as an unforgettable adventure through mysterious, magical lands and waters. Along the way, they encounter strange creatures, make friends, and battle unforgiving elements. The brainteasers from the two-headed beast, Zakery and his twin sister Wheezey, were thought-provoking. I found myself racking my brain to answer them but didn't come close. I am certain other readers will find them enjoyable as well.

The plot is enthralling, but the narration feels flat, and the editing is sloppy. Additionally, there is confusion as one character's name changes from Neal to Noah, making it unclear if they are two separate characters. Additionally, it would greatly improve clarity and the overall readability to present dialogues by different speakers in separate paragraphs. Although the cliffhanger at the end hints at a sequel, some minor questions remain unanswered. For instance, was there a traitor in the group? Owing to the punctuation errors and the other issues above, I rate Moons Over Terra three out of five stars.

Moons Over Terra
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Night Land
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by NetMassimo »

I might be old for this novel but I can see its potential, so some more editing might improve it and make greater appeal to young adults. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review suggests that "Moons Over Terra" is an enthralling science fiction and fantasy book with a captivating plot and intriguing brainteasers. However, it also highlights flaws in the narration, editing, and character consistency. With punctuation errors and some unanswered questions, the book receives a three out of five star rating. Overall, while the story seems interesting, there are areas that can be improved for a better reading experience.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”