Review of Borealis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Borealis

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Borealis" by Andri E Elia.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Borealis by Andri E Elia is a fictional work that centers around a kingdom called Yandar, where everyone lived happily and peacefully. But this didn't last long, as war broke out between them and the K'tuls. It wasn't looking good for the people of Yandar because their enemies were prevailing; they lost almost everything; some of the royal blood got badly injured in this battle; safe were the Princess, Hyrsa, and a few defenders who managed to escape with a few of their people. After Sunny, an orphan who was later adopted, came into the picture, his extravagant power and exceptional skills were rare, and these stood him out among all others. It was discovered that these sterling qualities could only be found in the royal line. Who is Sunny? Is he going to be of any help to this kingdom? You'll find out in this highly inspiring book.

My favorite character was Sunny. I mean, he is so exceptionally talented that nothing can stop him from achieving his goal once he sets his heart to it. Though this can be dangerous sometimes, he has this drive that makes him want to provide solutions to problems within a very short period of time. He is so vast. As a young boy who daydreams and fantasies a lot, going back and forth in time from the past to the present and vice versa, he becomes a troubleshooter amidst the numerous mysterious puzzles that surround his folks. His determination is worth emulating.

Though almost every part of this book contains scenes that are really tough and action-packed, I still find some parts amusing, and one of them was when the doctor asked Sunny if he was awake. His response almost cracked my ribs, and he responded in his mind by saying ''understatement of the century". I couldn't stop laughing, like seriously. There are a lot of emotional scenarios in this book, like how many people really lost some parts of themselves in this battle, ranging from physical to psychological. This is a clear indication that war is never the best option when we can always choose peace.

This book is recommended for everyone, both adults and teenagers, who wants to assume a leadership position someday. It defines what leadership entails: sacrifice, selflessness, personal growth and development, skill acquisition, planning both long-term and short-term, and how to change them when things aren't going as planned, which means flexibility, problem-solving, critical thinking, art mastery, and all-round improvement that could sharpen their talents and inborn traits so they can be used to the fullest and for the benefit of others around them.

This book is highly creative, educative, informative, impactful, and thought-provoking. The book was well numbered, making it easy for me to identify the last page I read, and with the colored graphics, it made it fun to read as it's also a representation of the events that occurred in the particular chapter. The characters were adequately developed, both the main and the supporting characters. The suspense was so great that it hooked me till I finished the book. The English used was so simple and the conversation flowed so naturally. No typographical errors were found in this book, and for these reasons, I'm rating the book 5 out of 5. The author did a very good job, and I found no reason to dislike anything in the book.

Borealis
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

I see this novel is part of the Worldmaker of Yand series. The reviews for some of the other novels were terrific as well but I have to admit that I haven't started this series yet. I guess I really have to start it. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Vina Tadanki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vina-tadanki.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Vina Tadanki »

Based on your review, this story seems to provide a good dose of personal growth while satisfying your fantasy criteria. Looking forward to read such an inspiring and witty book. :techie-studyinggray:
Chunnu Muduli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chunnu-muduli.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chunnu Muduli »

Wow, your review of Borealis has me intrigued! Sunny sounds like a fascinating character, and the blend of action, humor, and emotional depth is appealing. I'm definitely adding this to my reading list!
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "Share Borealis" by Andri E Elia appears to be a highly inspiring and thought-provoking book. The reviewer praises the exceptional talents and determination of the main character, Sunny, who becomes a troubleshooter in a kingdom facing challenges. The book is recommended for anyone interested in leadership and explores important themes like sacrifice, selflessness, and personal growth. The reviewer found the book well-developed, creatively written, and free of errors. Overall, it seems like "Share Borealis" would be a good read for both adults and teenagers.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for providing such a thorough and enthusiastic review of Patricia Conroy's "Mockingbird Moon". Your observations regarding the book's captivating plot, outstanding visuals, and educational value are useful to future readers. It's encouraging to learn how the author was able to pique people's interest in nature and bird watching. Your personal connection to the narrative, together with the recommendations for different audiences, gives dimension to the review. Excellent job conveying your passion!
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Robert Cortes »

Borealis by Andri E Elia is an engaging and inspiring fictional tale set in the kingdom of Yandar. The story unfolds as Yandar faces a devastating war against the K’tuls, leading to severe losses and the near-destruction of the kingdom. Amidst the turmoil, Princess Hyrsa and a few defenders manage to escape with some of their people. The narrative takes a turn with the introduction of Sunny, an orphan with extraordinary powers and skills, hinting at a mysterious connection to the royal bloodline.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”