Review of The Conscience of the C.O.D.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: The Conscience of the C.O.D. by James Terminiello

Review of The Conscience of the C.O.D.

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Conscience of the C.O.D." by James Terminiello.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Conscience of the C.O.D. by James Terminiello is a fiction book set against the backdrop of the ship "Climax of Dreams," known as the C.O.D. The book started with Torrent's assignment to Bayonne. Everything was going well. Just in good shape until the C.O.D.-athon was hosted, bringing together different people of different calibers and statuses. O'Higgins, the main antagonist, and his team took the ship hostage, demanding food, fuel, and a large sum of money in exchange for releasing the hostages and a billion dollars for Xminus 1. Will Torrent accept the offer? The police, SWAT teams, and the National Guard arrived at the scene, along with the NYPD Apology Squad. Will they be able to take control of the pending situation and save the refugees? Read this book to learn more.

The actions in this book were really captivating. I loved the way the Navy executed their plans in this book while following strict orders. I also loved the fact that the antagonist in this book was not depicted as a total villain. O'Higgins carried out his treacherous plan to get away with funds. At times, people cross boundaries and do unimaginable things to get what they want; nevertheless, it does not stop them from being human. The author's writing style was very detailed, leaving no room for confusion.

Despite my love for this book, I had some issues with it. There were many cases in this book where the author used "da" and "dat" to replace the words "the" and "that." I felt it was a matter of style by the author, but its excessive usage seemed awkward to me. This book has a lot of characters, and what made it more confusing was that the names given to some of the characters in this book were complex. Just like Sonnie Chance Arain, Simón Bolívar Francisco de Miranda Bernardo, and a few more. Sometimes Sonnie Chance Arain was referred to as Sonnie, sometimes as Arain, which gets me confused at times. Almost everything had a name in this book; even the hurricane that was approaching the ship had a name, which wowed me. Due to the flaws I found in this book, I will deduct one star from it, awarding it 4 out of 5 stars. I found a few errors in this book, which shows that it was professionally edited. I recommend this book to lovers of thrillers and action-packed books. 

The Conscience of the C.O.D.
View: on Bookshelves
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"The Conscience of the C.O.D." by James Terminiello seems like a promising read for action and thriller lovers. You sure have put up a good case for someone to try this book. I am adding it to my reading list. Thank you for the review. It was perfectly blended with equal weight for flaws and advantages.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I love this kind of fictional book, and "The Conscience of the C.O.D." by James Terminiello is the right one here. Imagine putting a game on hold because of your demands.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writings for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 432
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a classic example of fast-paced thriller full of action, so I see why you got annoyed by things like the use of character names: it can be confusing and therefore distracting, which is really bad in the middle of some action! Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”